Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Avonview Cemetry Plot for Albert James Baker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Jul 2013 21:01

Hi,

I am trying to find the grave for my uncle Albert James Baker who I believe was born in 1929 and died in 1966 aged 37. He is buried somewhere in Avonview Cemetry, Bristol. I have never been to this cemetry before and I understand it is quite big so I have tried to find a map online so when I visit I can mark off plots until I find him but have been unable to a map on-line, should anyone ever come across this grave I would be so grateful for any information on it's location.

Many thanks in advance
Lisa

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 21 Jul 2013 21:17

Hello Lisa, welcome to the boards.

Having a dig around on google it appears that Avonview is administered by:

Canford Cemetery & Crematorium
Canford Cemetery & Crematorium Office
Canford Lane
Westbury-on-Trym
Bristol
BS9 3PQ

Tel: (0117) 903 8280
Fax: (0117) 903 8287
Email: [email protected]

Might be worth contacting them to see if they can tell you where his grave is.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 21 Jul 2013 21:19

Also by using google:

Avonview Cemetery: was opened in 1883. You can download a plan of this cemetery from the Bristol Council website.

Found on http://www.bafhs.org.uk/burial-data

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Jul 2013 16:59

As Lisa is a new poster to the boards, I will send her a friendly message on how to return to her thread.. :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 22 Jul 2013 17:40

Hi, thanks for your replies, I tried downloading from that link but it doesn't give me a map for that cemetry, only a google earth map. I have managed to download a map of all the plots for Greenbank Cemetry though whch was going to be my second project to find my great Nan so thanks for the link! I'm actually about to go and start on that one now :) It may take a while as I can only spare about an hour per evening to search the entire cemetry but I'm sure I'll get there.

Thanks for your replies, sorry it took a while to respond but the kids kicked me off-line last night so they could have a half hour before bed and I nodded off myself!

Many thanks for your help it is very much appreciated :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Jul 2013 21:40

You're very welcome Lisa.

Good luck.