Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for my 2 brothers and sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karen

karen Report 27 Jul 2013 13:44

Hi, we are looking for our sister and 2 brothers from our fathers 1st marraige Susan (Anderson) Peter Anderson and Anthony (Tony) Anderson fathers name is Edward Albert Anderson born in 1926 in Liverpool England Other family menbers in included an Uncle called Harold Svenka Anderson and an aunt called Mary Anderson who lived with our uncle for many years harold was also known as Harry or Hal) can anyone help?

many thanks
Karen

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jul 2013 15:41

Start by looking in 'search all trees'

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jul 2013 18:21

heres Harold

Name: Harold Svenka Anderson
Birth Date: 2 Jul 1928
Date of Registration: Feb 2003
Age at Death: 74
Registration District: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Register Number: B36D
District and Subdistrict: 025/1B
Entry number: 292

the informant could be family

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jul 2013 18:24

Name: Harold S Anderson
Mother's Maiden Surname: Clarke
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1928
Registration District: West Derby
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 884

???

Name: Florence M Anderson
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1930
Registration District: West Derby
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 863

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jul 2013 18:27

Edward was born in 1927 not 1926

Name: Edward A Anderson
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1927
Registration District: Birkenhead
Inferred County: Cheshire
Volume Number: 8a
Page Number: 827

another sister?
Jean Anderson
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1926
Registration District: Birkenhead
Inferred County: Cheshire
Volume Number: 8a
Page Number: 720

Flip

Flip Report 28 Jul 2013 06:49

Welcome to the boards Karen.

First marriage in Manchester 1949 to Miss Norman? Then to your mother in 1975?

I see from comments put against a tree on Ancestry that you last had contact with your father around 2001, when did you last have contact with the children of the first marriage? It's a common name - so probably need more information to try to locate them or find marriages.

karen

karen Report 28 Jul 2013 08:25

Flip, we have never met our our dads children from his 1st marriage he never spoke of them we only got their names from our uncle about 5 yrs before he died. all the information you have found is correct ! :-D thanks for your help

karen

karen Report 28 Jul 2013 08:29

Shirley, this information looks promising! I will dig deeper into it I have paperwork relating to Florence May Anderson ie burial plot details from when Harold Svenka died she lived at 75 rockingham street l5.

Flip

Flip Report 28 Jul 2013 09:56

I can see their births, but Tony was registered as Tony, not Anthony. He was the youngest born in Folkestone - so they obviously mored to Kent at some point.

karen

karen Report 28 Jul 2013 11:02

Flip, I think I have found Tony but am not sure about the years they were born! Can you help?
Thanks
karen :-D

Flip

Flip Report 28 Jul 2013 11:10

As they are likely to be alive I'll send the birth details by PM (give me a few minutes then check you messages)

Flip

Flip Report 28 Jul 2013 14:32

None of the children have second names, so it is difficult to find marriages etc with any certainty with a common name. Births reg between 1955 and 1958.

The tree on ancestry is not necessarily correct - the correction posted by a member on Marion is definitely wrong as it links back to a 1950 marriage which can't be her if she had the children previously mentioned.