Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WILLS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 4 Aug 2013 08:51

The only likely explanation that I can come up with is that whoever's will it was knew the individuals by the names that they are shown as in the will.

Could the beneficiaries have been living as wife and husband prior to the date that they actually married?

Did the wills go to probate before or after the marriages took place?

Reggie

Reggie Report 4 Aug 2013 08:50

Without seeing the actual documents, I doubt that anyone can explain.

Are the married names included in the original, dated, text of the Wills?

Or in addenda...............or codicils?

Syd

Syd Report 4 Aug 2013 08:45

I have two wills, one 1895 the other 1917, both wills name a lady who is not yet married as her future married name E G : Annie Elizabeth Addington is listed as Annie Elizabeth Stott she did not marry until 1898, the other was Jeanie Elizabeth Wilson who did not marry a Stott until 1948. I wonder if anyone could explain why this should be.
Thanks for any help,
Regards,
Syd