Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

uploading photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 24 Dec 2013 14:49

I have uploaded a photo to my keepsafe but I can't attach it to my relative as suggested. When I go to the relative and go to edit, photo,then upload it goes off my family tree and back to the home page. my curser has a little flashy red/yellow sign which stays only for a few seconds then disappears.
Anyone help?
Tracy :-S

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Dec 2013 14:55

Read GR's 'help' section

Tracy

Tracy Report 24 Dec 2013 15:18

Hi Reggie
I have tried that and although I have it stored in my keepsafe it will not attach the relative.
Tracy

Kense

Kense Report 24 Dec 2013 20:19

It sounds like a problem with popup blocking. If you have IE9 then go to settings (cog icon on top left)
Then Internet Options
Then Privacy

On that page is a box marked Turn on pop-up blocker.
If there is a tick in that box then click on Settings
and to the allowed sites box add:
*genesreunited.co.uk

Tracy

Tracy Report 2 Jan 2014 12:13

Tried that but it still not working.
Thanks though :-(

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jan 2014 12:28

Contact Support.................

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 3 Jan 2014 15:41

Hi Tracy,

I've just added a new photo into my Keepsafe. I then went back to the relative on the tree, refreshed the page, clicked on photos - and there it was - attached!!

Kense

Kense Report 3 Jan 2014 16:32

You could try holding the CTRL key down as you click on Upload.