Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish National League of Great Britain-Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 14 Jan 2014 18:53

Does anyone know anything about this organisation in Liverpool circa 1890s. Trying to establish if one of my relatives was an official of the Toxteth Branch. Cheers. Ian

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 14 Jan 2014 19:06

Ian ...It certainly existed and the West Toxteth Branch and Parnell Branch started
1890s

Do you have a name....?
Try the link below....

http://www.movinghere.org.uk/search/catalogue.asp?catphase=FullDetails&phase=&RecordID=77456&ResourceTypeID=2&Sequence=3&keywords=&fuzzy=&format=&community=&theme=&date_from=&date_to=&source=§ion=&person=&PageMove=Goto&PageNo=

Ian

Ian Report 14 Jan 2014 22:14

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My GG Grandfather was Peter O'Rourke who came from Dublin to Liverpool towards the end of the 19thC, but I don't know that much about him. I searched the archives of the Liverpool Mercury and a Peter O'Rourke is often featured between 1890-96 as President or VP of the South Toxteth Independent Branch of the INL. I'm wondering if this is my Peter. He doesn't feature in the records from Movinghere. Are there any others?

Cheers

Ian

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2014 11:44

Any other. ................ what?

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 15 Jan 2014 12:11

Ian....I would hazard a guess that the Peter O'Rourke referred to in th LM at the time in question may be him.
You say you dont know much about your g.g.grandfather so what makes you think he may have been a Pres/VP of the INL...

Ian

Ian Report 15 Jan 2014 12:20

Reggie-records.
Erin-I have no info that suggests he was part of this movement. I was hoping that one of the organisation's records would show an address, as the movinghere records do-but not from what seems the time he was involved.

Thanks.

Ian