Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EARLY CENSUS 1841 -1891

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 25 Jan 2014 15:59

hi can anyone out there help me make sense of the genes site. I haven't been on for some time and everything looks different. I would like to look at the earlier census but can only find 1901 and 1911 listed. What am I doing wrong - help!!

Gee

Gee Report 25 Jan 2014 16:03

Hi

I don't use the Genes site for searching so I cant help with that - sorry

If you need help with finding a family on earlier censuses, post the details and others can help

Edit:

Just had a look and you need to go to SEARCH, CENSUS, LAND AND SURVEYS

You'll find SEARCH at the top right of your screen

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/articles/world-records/full-list-of-united-kingdom-records/census-land-and-surveys/census

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jan 2014 16:09

Click on "search" at the top right of the screen and then click on "search all records" then click on "Census Land and Surveys" on the screen that comes up - then put in the name you are looking for. It should bring up that name in any of the census years that the name is on.

I must say though that I use Findmypast for census searches.

Kath. x

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 25 Jan 2014 16:09

Thanks Gins, Think I've sussed it now. Thanks for offer. Have been off my comp for so long I find any change puzzling - it's old age!

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 25 Jan 2014 16:11

Thanks Kath.