Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cambridgeshire Parish Records Baptisms, SORTED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 00:23

Anyone have image access to them please?

I have the transcribed information of the baptism of a
Joy Vrenna Amps in 1939. in the county of Cambridgeshire.

I was wondering if this name "Vrenna" has been mistranscribed .
I have a birth in the same year (1939) of a Joy Y Amps also in Cambridgshire (March district).
Logic is telling me these are one and the same person, but I would like, if possible, verification from the parish records, perhaps the Parents names.

If both records are for the same person the parents should be...
John W Amps and Harriet V Dunham.
Any help most appreciated.

Shane.

jax

jax Report 3 Feb 2014 02:50

As there is only one birth for a Joy Amps at that time then yes I would say it was the same person and the marriage of the parents would probably be correct

When she marries the middle initial is V

The family are now in Australia and her middle name is listed as Vrenna

mgnv

mgnv Report 3 Feb 2014 03:05

Not what you asked for, but FYI - the local index just gives:
BIRTHS Name(s) - recorded with entry Year
338/MAR1A/295 AMPS Joy 1939
https://www.camdex.org.uk/search.cfm

Note also
Births Dec 1907 (>99%)
Dunham Harriet Venna N. Witchford 3b 462

jax

jax Report 3 Feb 2014 03:21

You could also ask her yourself she is on Facebook, her son is one of her friends and possibly her daughter as well

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 3 Feb 2014 07:59

Cambridgeshire Baptism Index.

1939 Amps Joy Vrenna Manea.

Chris :)

edits (Father as John Wayman Amps, Mother, Harriett Venna, his occ. Smallholder)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 09:14

Thanks ever so much one and all.
So it seems that the GRO Birth index is incorrect , as in Joy `Y` it should be Joy `V` then .
This is what threw me. :-S

I would like to say ,that I am not seeking any contact with this family, its just that I want to add this distant cousin to my tree and I was a little perturbed by the middle name initials of Y and/or V.

Thanks again folks you are all stars.
Shane.
:-)
Edit .. Sorry she is not a distant cousin, but the wife of a distant cousin.
(don't you just hate perfectionists) :-D :-D :-D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2014 09:16

So......what is the MMN on the birth registration?

And have you researched further back - to discover the logical progression of the unusual second name?

But....as suggested above - ask the lady

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2014 09:19

You must NOT add this living person to your GR tree unless you get her permission

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 09:45

Sorry Reggie but I CAN add whoever I want to my tree.
I don't HAVE to gain permission from anyone.
Common courtesy does not go amiss however. :-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 3 Feb 2014 10:30

You can add whoever you want to your tree if that tree is on your PC, and possibly other online trees,? GR is another ball game, Anyone who finds themselves in someones tree on GR without permission can ask GR to remove them from that tree, GR will (if asked) remove any such entries on members trees.

Roy

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Feb 2014 10:42

I see she's already on a tree here on Genes.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 11:40

Thanks Roy matey, I already know that. ;-)

Hi Margee :-) as I have said, I don't want need any contact with the lady.
I just wanted confirmation of records data as given via GR`s records.
Some kind folk have already done this.
Thank you anyway sweetie, I just might have wanted contact and that is kind of you to inform me.

Shane :-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 3 Feb 2014 11:59

Shane, My post was actualy aimed at anyone reading this thread who doesn't know the rules, (thats why i never addresed my comment to you or Reggie)

I was just clarifying the situation as Reggie's or your post did not make it clear just what the situation was regarding GR

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2014 12:10

Shane

As a GR member, you should read the site guidelines.........

Living relatives
Members must have permission to add the names of any living relations to their tree.

If a member has added the names of living members of your family to their tree then we can ask them to remove them. Please send a full list of any living names and their years of birth that have been added without permission to the Genes Reunited support team.

It would also really help the support team if you could send in full details of the person who has added these names. When you see your own name or your family names in the search results, you can click on the link to send the tree owner a message. On the next page you'll see their membership number. Please include this name and number in your email to us.

We will then contact the member who added them on your behalf.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 12:32

Reggie,
I have been a member for very slightly longer than yourself and I HAVE read this before.
Perhaps if you were a little less pedantic in your comments I`m sure we could all get along fine.

Have nice day matey, chill. ;-)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Feb 2014 12:58

Shane, you say you have read the rules & regulations so why would you post this?

"Sorry Reggie but I CAN add whoever I want to my tree.
Common courtesy does not go amiss however."

Or do you consider yourself above the rules?

As an aside, please do NOT call me "sweetie"!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Feb 2014 13:12

I am not your 'matey'..................

Being accurate is not the same as being pedantic

And, on my calendar, 2003 predates 2005

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 13:23

Margee Report 3 Feb 2014 12:58

Shane, you say you have read the rules & regulations so why would you post this?

"Sorry Reggie but I CAN add whoever I want to my tree.
Common courtesy does not go amiss however."

Or do you consider yourself above the rules?

What rules Margee Surely they are Guidelines, NOT rules?

I do apologise most profusely for calling you that, but its considered a nicety around this area to be addressed so.

And ... I still stand by my statement...

What is going on here? I only asked for verification of some data gleaned from GR`s own records, for which I am entirely grateful for.

I didn`t come on here to have an altercation with anyone. Are some folk so bored they have to nit pick to get attention?

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 3 Feb 2014 13:43

Reggie .
Don't judge a book by its title.

You should know by now Reggie dates are not` always` correct.
I started on GR, or should I say GenesConnected on the 17/05/2003 My number then was 443601 but due to a Genes cockup, which I don't have to explain to you I had to take over my wife's account . Hence the later membership date.
Sorry about calling you Matey. I was just being friendly.

jeez... didn`t realize snobbery was such an in-house thing. :-S

jax

jax Report 3 Feb 2014 14:25

Why has the date of any membership got to do with how well you know how the site works?

Mine says June 2007...wow

No as far as I am concerned I joined in Jan 2010......Just because I signed up and added my name back then does not mean a thing

I have used this site every single day since 2010 normally over a 12 hour plus period so I do know a lot about what goes on

I agree with adding living peoples names....I don't even have my parents in mine and have asked my daughter to remove me.....and I certainly would not want some complete stranger adding me