Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

printing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 9 Feb 2014 14:27

All I want to do is print a selection of my family tree list, not the whole blooming lot. Why are theses sites so difficult? I hate using extra paper, and it will take ages to write out the list. :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Feb 2014 14:49

Afraid this site doesn give that facilty .

If you have a stand alone Family Tree like FTM you can download a gedcom from this site and upload it to FTM and then print out whatever side you want from it .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Feb 2014 14:50

nudge to bring up the board! as there is a duplicate posting

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Feb 2014 01:15

You should be able to print it - select 'Immediate family', 'Ancestors', 'Descendants' or 'Pedigree' view.

You'll still have to stick sheets of paper together, but not so many as for your full tree

If there are a lot of siblings in the 'Immediate family' you might need to centre the tree on the screen, or reduce the size of the type face to fit it one sheet. Alternatively, print one part then the other.

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2014 18:51

Right, I hope this reply goes to you all, thank you every one. I wanted to print off a section that was just my paternal Grand parents and their ancestors, and being mean with paper I tried to exactly capture the segment, but the site makes it's own divvied up area and I kept missing out a branch. I was just so mad and I'm touched that so many tried to help. <3

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2014 18:55

Just like to say thank you for all the help that was offered. I did write it once, but not sure the message went to everyone <3

Diane

Diane Report 10 Feb 2014 18:56

Also, I'd love to know what a nudge is, doh :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Feb 2014 23:30

A 'nudge' is just a method of pushing a thread up the board, particularly if it has slipped off the first page. It could be any combination of numbers or letters as long as there are at least 4 of them.

We use printing mistakes as a scribble pad, or turn them over for general printing/for proof reading on the blank side. ;-)

When I was experimenting the other day (without actually printing) I was getting a print preview. This was using Google Chrome. It would have still needed several sheets of paper to print out more than grt grandparents. If the size had been reduced any more, it would have been impossible to read!

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2014 19:56

Thank you,