Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Featured Story of the Month: February 2014

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 13 Feb 2014 16:04

"My mother spent six heart-breaking decades wondering if she would ever see her first born son again. She was forced to make the painful decision to have him adopted back in the 1950s. About five years ago I joined Genes Reunited and put the names of my family onto my tree.

Five years later, one lady messaged me and after a year long rally of messages we realised that my brother had been found - she was his partner, who wanted to find his natural mother for him.
I had always hoped that Mum would live to see the day when she could be reunited with her first born son again, and happily she did at the grand age of 81!"- Lili-Ann O'Dee
Read the full story
Every month we highlight a remarkable breakthrough or a heart-warming discovery. Post your own story on the Success Stories community board or email it to [email protected] and it could be your story that we share next.

SOMEONE RR IT :-S

ps NOT MY STORY
just received an email from GR promoting this story

WEIRD OR WHAT

Hannah

Hannah Advisor Report 13 Feb 2014 16:29

Hello Fairthorn

Thank you for flagging this problem, the post has been reinstated.

Many thanks

Hannah

mgnv

mgnv Report 13 Feb 2014 18:52

A nice story.

If GR would deal as swiftly with other RR'ed posts, there would be a lot less bother with them.