Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Find My Past

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 4 Apr 2014 16:54

Has anyone else found the new FMP to be incredibly slow, particularly in the newspaper section? I've just upgraded to the 'World' subscription and it has all slowed down when searching.

Maddie

Maddie Report 4 Apr 2014 18:21

it is awful, in more ways than one :-(

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Apr 2014 20:00

You might find the comments on their FB page interesting!

https://www.facebook.com/findmypast?fref=ts

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 4 Apr 2014 21:28

Thanks Maddie and M C for replying. I have looked at and added to their face book page. My sub was due for renewal and after a bit of thought decided to upgrade. I've found more on the newspaper section than I did on the old one but it says loading and loading and loading and loading ........eventually the page appears :-(

Kense

Kense Report 4 Apr 2014 23:16

Lots of comments about it in this thread.
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1338697

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Apr 2014 09:06

There are huge numbers of complaints all over the web - but it seems to be very few on here. FMP's own Feedback Forum ( under help) makes fascinating reading - especially as FMP don't seem to be answering the complaints on there.

Some changes are being made but too quietly for most people to notice. If you have an issue, as well as posting it on facebook or any of the myriad forums, email direct to FMP - you may get a reply.

One comment I did take issue with was a suggestion that the over fifties couldn't adjust to changes. My reaction -- unprintable. :-P

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Apr 2014 09:25

Yes, I saw that too nameslessone - the cheek of it.

I rang FMP the other day to complain, got a two month extension to my sub.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Apr 2014 11:02

I emailed them a couple of days ago to ask if the old version of the site was still accessible (as it had been for me up till then through my "favourites" but not any more). Told them I didn't like the new site and probably wouldn't renew later this year as things stood.

I also got a two month extension to my subscription but still don't know whether or not I'll renew. The site is so much more complicated to use and oh so slow!!

Yes....I'm over 50 and no... I don't like change - especially when it isn't for the better.

Kath. x