Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mersey Tunnel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 11 Apr 2014 22:13

Does anybody know if there any records available of the miners who worked building The Mersey (Queensway) Tunnel?
I suspect that is the reason my grandfather would have been in Liverpool in the mid 1920's but can find no evidence to prove it. I am not in touch with anybody in the family who could verify the facts so am looking for any official documentation - which seems to be very elusive!
Any suggestions will be welcome

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 22:50

Start by finding the names of the companies involved in its construction.............I suggest googling, as with all such queries

Christine

Christine Report 11 Apr 2014 23:22

Thank you Reggie. Have googled just about everything I can think of, unfortunately nothing worthwhile has come of it. The company who constructed it are still in business but have had no luck with them either . Unfortunately I believe a lot of the men who worked on it were taken on on a daily basis.
I have tried e mailing the Library Records Office too but they haven't replied.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Apr 2014 08:48

Have you looked up the library phone number.

It sometimes pays to phone.

Your email could easily have gone into a 'spam' folder and not be seen.

Christine

Christine Report 14 Apr 2014 17:47

Thank you, will try that :-)