Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

basford nottingham cemetery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 1 May 2014 18:58

hi all i have this cemetery on disc if anyone would like a look up

lorraine

not all burials are included on the disc

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 21 May 2014 11:47

nnn

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 11 Jul 2014 21:56

nnn

Ken2

Ken2 Report 13 Jul 2014 09:02

Lorraine

You don't give the dates of burials you have [ I found that the cemetery opened in 1875] but I'm looking for the burials of two people who died in or around Basford:

1. Johannes Peacock, died 1928 4th Q aged 65
2. Benjamin Turney, died 31 Oct 1930, Beeston.

I would be grateful if you could have a quick look if you have these dates.

Ken

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 13 Jul 2014 11:12

hi ken
the only two peacocks in basford cem are

john read peacock died 26 june 1914 and his wife rhonda 2 july 1941

benjamin is not in there sorry

lorraine

have looked in carlton and church cemetery but there not in there either

Ken2

Ken2 Report 14 Jul 2014 13:26

Thanks anyway, Lorraine - at least I can now rule that out as thier final resting place.

Ken

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 15 Jul 2014 07:56

Hi Lorraine,

Is your disc the one for grave stones monuments and pictures and not all burials of the cemetery, if so then I think you should make that clear so not to confuse people. sorry to stick my nose in.

Do you have a disc for Carlton Cemetery as I've not seen that one I looked on their search site for my great grandfather but he wasn't on there so emailed them and they found him buried in Carlton but could not tell me if there is a stone.

Wendy

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 15 Jul 2014 15:32

hi wendy

no have not got carlton on disc just the one on the internet

and yes its the monument disc for basford

Nottsgirl

Nottsgirl Report 15 Jul 2014 19:41

Hi Lorraine,

OK thanks I'll have to try and get up to Carlton Cemetery one day always busy babysitting a lot just lately. Just to let you know that the internet search for Carlton does not have all the burials on there so if you cannot find a burial you are looking for send them a email to check their records they are very good and always reply's within a day and will send you maps of the cemetery.

All the best

Wendy

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 15 Jul 2014 21:48

thanks wendy

Julie

Julie Report 20 Jul 2014 11:23

Hi Lorraine,

I have 2 relatives who I believe may be buried at Basford. They are George Marson born 1825 died 1894 & his wife Hannah born 1828 died 1898. I don't currently have exact death dates, but George's death is reg'd Q1 & Hannah Q2 at Basford.

Do they happen to appear in the data?

Julie

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 20 Jul 2014 12:45

hi julie

sorry there are no marson name in basford

Julie

Julie Report 20 Jul 2014 14:39

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for looking, will obviously need to extend my search beyond the Basford cemetery.

Julie