Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A success story

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 12 Jun 2014 19:34

Thanks in part to some of the lovely helpers on this site, we have at last met up with a relative of my wife's, on her mother's side. Very briefly, M-in-L was brought up in a children's home and had no knowledge of her background apart from a birth cert. which showed that her mother was unmarried. After about four years searching, I made contact with a 2nd cousin, (they share gt.grandparents), and yesterday we travelled down to the south coast to meet him and his wife. And what a splendid evening we had! A lovely couple, and we hit it off at once. We will be staying in touch, and hopefully we can find some more. And I know I have asked on other boards, please keep looking for Amy Spencer, born 1888 in Braughing, Herts. She disappears after 1912.Bob

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 12 Jun 2014 19:38

so nice to hear a lovely story bob

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Jun 2014 22:02

brill :-D

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jun 2014 22:31

This is Bob's other thread about Amy Spencer, if anyone's looking.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1321090

Some suggested info on there, so best to add to it, rather than on here.