Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shirlow family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jillc

jillc Report 5 Jul 2014 00:25

William Shirlow born in Northern Ireland in 1838 was my great grandfather who migrated to Australia as a teenager. I am hoping to be able to trace further back and find other members of his family but I havent had much success - I believe his father was a Thomas and his mother a Margaret Stewart.

I am hoping you might be able to help???
Many thanks, Jill

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 08:41

Welcome to the boards, jillc.

Could you say where you have looked for any information about them, just so we do not duplicate your searches?

Have you looked to see if he is in anyone's tree on here, and tried to contact the tree owners?

Thank-you

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 5 Jul 2014 08:45

Have you looked at...............

https://familysearch.org/