Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

this site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 24 Jul 2014 18:34

Am having a problem with marriage details being retained on my tree.
Many times I am inputting marriage details and saving only to find that they are not available to view when I go back to them. Have reported to Genes Reunited, but am curious to know if anyone else has had this problem

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 25 Jul 2014 22:16

Where are you entering them?

patchem

patchem Report 26 Jul 2014 06:27

A few days ago when I was entering information in Extras, Note, if I had added e.g. a new Mother and Father, I could save details in notes on one of them, but not the other.

So ended up having to put all the information on e.g. the man, into the woman's notes.

But it is now working for me again.

Kense

Kense Report 26 Jul 2014 09:39

I have seen threads about this symptom before.

I think the standard response was to contact support if this happens.

It is always worth refreshing the page to make sure that the information has not been stored.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 26 Jul 2014 11:23

Welcome to the Community boards Brian.

I'll let Brian know how to return to his replies. :-)

Brian

Brian Report 26 Jul 2014 12:56

Thanks for all replies

OneFootInTheGrave

OneFootInTheGrave Report 27 Jul 2014 07:37

GR Support have been aware, for well over a year, about of the problem of marriage details disappearing, until recently there standard response, was more or less "we are aware of the problem and are working hard to resolve it"

\\\the last time I was in touch with them about this was at the end of June this year, the reply I received from them on 02 July 2014 was as follows !!! Note what they say in the last paragraph !!! :-

Thank you for your e mail.

We have reported this issue to our technical team.

Our technical experts are currently undertaking a large project to enhance several areas of our family tree.

We have acted upon feedback from the Genes community to improve several parts of the family tree and these changes will be launched in the Autumn.

This is a huge project which will address several current issues aswell as introducing new exciting features so, for the time being, we are not working on fixing issues with the existing tree.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 27 Jul 2014 09:42

That sounds ominous