Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warched Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 30 Jul 2014 09:45

Does anyone else have a problem with the "ticks"

I keep unticking a thread and somehow it reappears-getting those GR e-mails is driving me nuts :-S

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 30 Jul 2014 09:56

If you don't click on update at the bottom of the page, the deletion doesn't take effect

alternatively, simply click stop watching on the actual thread

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jul 2014 10:12

I get the opposite ,I get updates on watched threads but I rarely click the watch this box

Sometimes its a thread I have only read not added too

Gai

Gai Report 30 Jul 2014 10:38

My Watched Threads have never worked. I tick and get nothing.

Gai :-)

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 30 Jul 2014 14:54

Thanks for the replies :-)

Am trying Richocet's suggestion now !

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 1 Aug 2014 07:47

Gai

The list of watched threads is composed of threads where you have clicked watch this at the top of the thread.

If you don't click watch this, you don't have any watched threads

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Aug 2014 20:56

There is also a box below the Reply Box that says ...............

Add to My Watched Threads
(Ticking this box means we will notify you by email when someone replies to this post, we will also add it to your Watched Threads so that it is easy to find.)

You should also check this to make sure that you have not ticked it!

so ........................ TWO places to check, one above the thread and one below the Reply Box (and Emoticons)

Kense

Kense Report 4 Aug 2014 10:35

You shouldn't need to check that you haven't ticked something you haven't ticked.

jax

jax Report 4 Aug 2014 13:29

I have had watched threads which I must have accidentally clicked whilst moving my cursor across the top of the page.... Now a banner pops up saying 'watch created ' so easier to spot than when they first brought this out

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Aug 2014 20:12

Ken ..................

this is true!

But, about 2 years ago GR made some changes and after various people had made comments about Watched Threads ...................... I checked back on mine

I had 5 threads that I had ticked to watch

but another 5 threads that were also ticked to watch, that I had NOT ever ticked

In fact, 2 of the latter were threads on General Chat that I had never even opened because the topic didn't interest me :-S