Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

saved records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Winterose

Winterose Report 16 Aug 2014 04:54

hi everyone

sorry i know its not much of an excuse but i'm just not understanding how to retrieve my 'saved records', when i click on the records that i can plainly see displayed on screen & being promped to click to view, then i get a dialogue box with "sorry we could not find the records you were looking for".
i have dated printed copies of these records from GR , so i am not understanding why i can not access them anymore.

thank you for your help, obviously i am not doing the right things

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Aug 2014 09:01

Did you buy them with credits? If so, they only have a limited 'life'.

Alternatively, there do seem to be some problems with the site. May be this is another one.

If you accessed by subscription and still have the same or a higher level, then contact support

[email protected]

Other people have said that they are taking about 3 days to reply. It could be the effect of holiday season.

Winterose

Winterose Report 16 Aug 2014 09:21

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I bought these records with credits, they relate to the military & they are the only ones i've ever purchased, so returning to them is something new for me.

I will follow up your suggestion & contact support, was trying to by-pass them with a quick fix.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Aug 2014 09:53

When did you buy them? The access has probably expired.

Although someone who normally uses this method may correct me, I think its something like 6 weeks.

At least you printed them out! Can you scan them into your computer if you need to expand them? You can then upload the images to GR and re-attach

Winterose

Winterose Report 16 Aug 2014 10:16

i bought them on the 26 & 27 April 13 (don't laugh) yup a long time ago !! As you say perhaps they had a 'virtual life' wheras my money is always 'real'.

I printed all of one record and a couple of pages of the second, have not attached it to anything as i was working on a complete different branch - as this is a work in progress for me, i return to it when if.

thanks anyway, i guess we all learn something from these things.