Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London Road Cemetery, Coventry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Candidiasia

Candidiasia Report 24 Aug 2014 15:15

Spent several hours trying to finding my 2nd Great Grandparents grave at London Road Cemetery, they are in square 236, Grave 76, Florence Elizabeth Townley nee Wiliams buried 29th Jan 1946 and her husband Frederick Daniel Townley buried 8th Mar 1939. No joy in finding them, wishes that LRC had better sin-age of where the squares are etc.

I have a map they provided with all the squares on we could find Square 239, 241, 243, 244, and 245 according to the map 236 is in a diagonal to 244 but in the other direction we have found on the same diagonal line 252. But 236 we cannot find.

Candis

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Aug 2014 17:20

Can you go back on a weekday? There might be a cemetery worker around who you can ask.

If that particular section has graves with no headstone, it could easily be overlooked.

Candidiasia

Candidiasia Report 24 Aug 2014 17:50

I know there is a headstone and I know what is on it but I want to see the actual thing. Going back on a week day is difficult as I work term time only oh well will have to wait till October half-term week.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Aug 2014 19:34

How about phoning the cemetery office? They might be able to tell you if/when someone would be working on a weekend.

Candidiasia

Candidiasia Report 24 Aug 2014 19:47

Thanks for the help

Candis