Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

births england

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 1 Sep 2014 17:19

i cannot find my sisters birth details anywhere on here, but for some strange reason i can find them on ancestry
do genes reunited have only partial records/data on here?? its the same problem for some other family members, i can find them perfectly well on the ancestry site but again genes reunited seem to fail at this
can someone possibly explain why this is and do any other members on here have the same problem???? :-|

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Sep 2014 17:23

Possibly you are putting in too much info? leave out the date or location and just try with the name.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Sep 2014 08:31

I think genes get their BMD,s from Find My Past

Maybe they have been mistranscribed on there

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Sep 2014 10:36

I think you'll find that hardly anyone actually uses this site for looking up records, so there won't be many people who can answer your main query

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Sep 2014 11:50

It's probably a transcription error.

See if its listed on http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
Ancestry tends to use their transcriptions when ever possible - GR and its sister site Findmypast have transcribed them independently.

jax

jax Report 2 Sep 2014 12:53

Jacqueline..... Funny how after less than a month you know so much about the site and the members.

As it happens even if we don't use the records we can still check.... Not only that they are the same as fmp

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Sep 2014 13:28

I'm just observant (nosey, perhaps)by nature, and I've spent quite a bit of time reading the boards to familiarise myself with the way they work, and the people who use them................do you have a problem with that, jax?

jax

jax Report 2 Sep 2014 14:08

:-D :-D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 2 Sep 2014 15:09

Hello Rebecca and welcome to the Community boards.

(I'll let Rebecca know how to find her replies) :-)

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 5 Sep 2014 10:56

Rebecca has opened and replied to my message and I advised her to get back in touch on here.......... :-(

Jean

Jean Report 5 Sep 2014 17:51

Hello there Jacqueline,

Thanks very much for your PM .
Didn't bother to answer it as I thought what you suggested about my thread was frankly STUPID.
This is a forum to discuss all aspects of genealogy weather people agree on the subject or not .
In fact I thought it was a very lively discussion , I would like to know what the other GR Members thought about it .
If you don't want people to discuss matters in regard to genealogy why are you on here,

cheers
jean

This was the thread about the free Ancestry Bank Holiday offer.

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Sep 2014 18:14

Jean as this is Rebecca's thread re a different subject , I think your message to Jacqueline might not be in the best place to be seen by her?

Perhaps add it to your Ancestry bank hol offer thread, or to one of Jacqueline's own threads :-)

Jean

Jean Report 5 Sep 2014 18:17

Thanks Rambling Rose ,
I was just about to do add it to my thread ,
Let's hope she sees it.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 Sep 2014 12:02

Shall we start again and try and help Rebecca out?

As she Is unused to using this site, she has sent me a pm with the details of what she is looking for. Hopefully, someone should be able to help her. I do hope so.

Here are the details and I will let Rebecca know that I have put them on here and remind her of how to find any replies. I will also ask her for the DOB and possible place of birth.

"I am currently searching for a Kate Parry my grandmother who originates from Wales but do not have much to go on apart from DOB and a possible place but cannot tell if it is the right person. so have contacted registry office in Merthyr Tydfil.

This family tracing is hard as I have no-one to ask, all family members that might know are now deceased. I tried to contact someone on here who is related to my auntie who is the daughter of Kate but they never bothered to reply and I cant see their tree. many thanks. Rebecca."

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Sep 2014 13:57

I read the OP as Rebecca could find the births on Ancestry but not on genes

who did she marry ? the marriage cert should name her father,if nown

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Sep 2014 14:08

Rebecca

you quoted Merthry Tydfill so is this the birth you found?

Births Jun 1916

Parry Kate G Evans Merthyr T. 11a 1578

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Sep 2014 14:14

marriage??

Marriages Jun 1938
Parry Kate G Richards Vaynor 11b 155

did she switch her name around ?

Name: Gwyneth Kate Richards
Birth Date: 29 Feb 1916
Date of Registration: Dec 1989
Age at Death: 73