Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth Hemsley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Oct 2014 18:09

Hi I am looking for a Elizabeth Hemsley born around 1930 isn she had a little boy Christopher Hemsley who she gave up for adoption I know where Christopher is but need help locating his birth mother Elizabeth Hemsely we think was born pole gate but can't find anything so around the eastbourne / sussex area can anyone help me PLEASE ???

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Oct 2014 18:26

have you tried FreeBMD for her birth?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Oct 2014 18:29

You say you think she was born Sussex BUT theres no birth listed for that county

Christophers adoption file should give some info on his mum BUT only he can access it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Oct 2014 18:31

so he was born 1946 ! why would you think she was 16 years of age at his birth?

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Oct 2014 18:37

As per the thread on General

Rebecca there is only one Elizabeth Hemsley born around the right time, as far as I can see, It is possible that she was sent to Sussex to give birth ( perhaps to relatives?)

I will Pm the details of a possible marriage, but obviously caution that it might be totally unconnected .

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Oct 2014 19:23

Many thanks unfortantly this is all i know but thank you for spending the time xxx