Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

same family same year, which passenger ship ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brigid

brigid Report 14 Oct 2014 19:39

During my search i found 2 young children listed twice as going from Liverpool to Philedelphia on 2 different ships in 1905 ;
other people of same surname on "The Westmorland"didn't seem to be on the "Noordland"

Apparently NOB after their names on 1st boat ...means they didn't get on that boat

The parents names were spelt differently ...

I found a 16 yearold of the same surname listed on the the Westmorland who may or may not be the same person who got on
The "Marion" as he's listed as SoreR. and Sore B .
I'm wondering if the family split into two groups when they couldn't get on the 1st boat .

A tip for people to limit wasting credits would be go for 2nd postings in case the 1st sailing is a NOB