Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

wills via email from Gov.co.uk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 31 Mar 2015 17:36

I ordered great x 2's will on the 26th March and today the 31st I got an email telling me to go to the site and then to 'My Wilsl' to access my will. I did this and there it is ready to be downloaded along with the following message

'You will get a message when copies of the wills you have ordered are ready to download. This should happen within 10 working days from order.
You will have 31 days to download your copy of each will, starting from the first day that you log in to see it,

When I click on download I get a 'You're not authorised to View this' message?

Does anyone know if I get another message to say that it is now ready to download or have I got a problem!

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Wendy

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 31 Mar 2015 18:04

I ordered a couple of wills a short while ago and was given an estimated delivery date of 7th April. Only 3 or 4 days later, on 27th March I got an email saying they were ready to download, went into My Wills, clicked on download and got them immediately. So it looks as though you might have got a bit of a problem.

I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 31 Mar 2015 18:14

Thanks for that. I'll try again tomorrow and if I still can't still open it I will have to try and contact them. I was so excited when it arrived, it doesn't take much, and disappointed when I couldn't access it.
:-(

patchem

patchem Report 1 Apr 2015 23:07

I could not access mine for a few days after I was told that I could.

So wait a bit, and then contact them.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 2 Apr 2015 09:28

Thanks Patchem, I contacted them the same day after all, I couldn't wait, and they sent it to me as a PDF attachment. I hoped it was going to give me a clue to going back a generation but it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know.

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2015 15:06

I ordered one for a gt uncle when they first came out..... No problem viewing it and like you didn't really tell me much, apart from he wrote it out 5 days before he died leaving everything to his friend.... Obviously didn't want his family to have it £2000 was a lot of money in 1957, I'm sure my grandparents could have done something with their share had he not written a will

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 2 Apr 2015 20:47

I was really lucky with the two I ordered. I was hoping they might throw a bit of a light on a man's three wives and whether he was properly married to no. 3 or not and the will spelt out the relationships completely. My ancestor was "wife" number 3 but I discovered that wife number 2 was also a rellie as she and number 3 were sisters! :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 2 Apr 2015 21:45

Although I didn't find out anything new it did tell me where his money went. He left 10 shillings a week to his wife for the rest of her life. The balance when she died was split four ways. A quarter each to two sons, still living, and a quarter each to the children of two daughters who had died. he still had another daughter with children and a son with children but he didn't leave them anything which seems a bit unfair.