Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photographs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ken

Ken Report 24 Mar 2016 00:56

I'm looking for photographs of Charles Vincent Nairne born 1850 Ramsgate, Kent plus any member of his immediate family.who lived on Thanet during tha midddle to late 19th century. For genealogical purposes.
Ken Nairne

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2016 02:29

Ken

I'm sorry, but you won't get much reaction by posting that request on the Boards.

A very small number of members actually even look on them .................. and a very large number fall under the Free category which means they could not reply even if they saw your request.

My suggestions would be ................

a) Search All Member Trees to see if anyone has him listed .............. got to Search at the top right , then click on Search All Member Trees

b) Google his name

c) consider ancestry ............ many people put photos on their trees on that site. It is possible to take out a 14 day free trial that would allow you to do. You do have to sign up with them, and provide credit card details, so be sure that you notify them no later than Day 10 that you do not wish to continue, or your card will be charged.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2016 02:33

FYI ..............

I have just looked on ancestry ......... there are 12 Public Family Trees on there, and one f them has 2 or 3 photographs of some of Charles Vincent's children

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2016 02:36

earlier thread???

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1307673?d=desc

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2016 11:43

Welcome to the Community boards Ken.

(I'll let Ken know how to find his replies) :-)