Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

moving message to folders

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 24 Mar 2016 14:59

Hopefully a simple question - I can move In messages to My Folders - but not my Sent messages to My Folders.

Please advise on how to do this.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Mar 2016 15:23

I don't think it's possible.

But ask:

[email protected]

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Mar 2016 16:11

I don't bother with folders, but if you open a sent message, there is a box at the top that says Move to Folder. Doesn't this work?

Robert

Robert Report 25 Mar 2016 16:49

Message Received from GR

Dear Robert

Thank you for your email.

That is correct you only have the option to move messages from your inbox not your sent items to your My folders I am afraid.

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

With kind regards,

Karen Allan, Customer Support
Genes Reunited Support Team

If you would prefer to speak with our Customer Support team, please call us on +44 (0) 20 3326 6300 between 9am and 5.30pm (GMT) Monday to Friday

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2016 09:55

Just wondering, and you might want to experiment with this.

Besides the 'folders', there are also 'my contacts'. Select a name, and you should be able to review all the messages you've sent or exchanged.
If you were to delete the message from your 'Sent' box, would it still be visible in 'My Contacts'?
As I don't think we've ever exchanged PM's, you're welcome to experiment by sending one to me.

Send it, delete from your Sent box, then go into My Contacts to see if you can still retrieve it.

Robert

Robert Report 26 Mar 2016 10:52

+++DetEcTive+++

I have looked at this option, and both the messages are there - if I responded - ie sent a message in response to an incoming mail item, my sent is there as part of the sequence of correspondence, but I am not sure if I innitiate the correspondence either innitially or subsequently, if it would be included

Thanks for your help ..... I think your suggestion is a better way than using "Folders"

Having said that I was not impressed with GR's response.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2016 11:40

Just sent you a message, then deleted the unopened message from my Sent box.
Although there you are now in my Contacts, there are no links to messages shown. Not sure if it would have registered if you'd opened it before I'd deleted

So that probably won't solve your problem!
If you were to consider the Contact link option, there is a box to write a brief note regarding the reason for contact. Would it work if you said 'sent message 26/3/2016 re Jane Smith' or whatever?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Mar 2016 11:50

Now, that's really stange.

You've replied to my (what I thought was deleted) PM.
However, when I look in 'My Contacts' I can only see your reply, not the whole conversation.

I think that option can be discarded!

Robert

Robert Report 26 Mar 2016 12:46

I think we've exhausted the options within GR.

Consider the issue closed - thanks again