Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Red Cross Volunteers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 30 Apr 2016 16:25

From The Red Cross Facebook page...

"We've put our archive of more than 244,000 personnel index cards from World War One on our website.
Now you can search for your family’s records, and discover what Red Cross volunteers were doing in your local area 100 years ago"

http://www.redcross.org.uk/About-us/Who-we-are/History-and-origin/First-World-War

safc

safc Report 1 May 2016 01:26

thanks
chris in sussex

another free site always welcome

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 3 May 2016 16:23

Thank you very very much for that site Chris

I have a photo of my grandmother in what looks like a VAD uniform and often wondered about it.

I typed her name into the site and lo and behold her service record. Absolutely no doubt that it is her as the address is the same as in 1921.

Brilliant

Fiona

Fiona Report 4 May 2016 19:58

brilliant-- and thanks for passing it on. Don`t suppose you`ve any idea how far through the alphabet they`ve got?--I need "T" so could have quite a wait!

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 4 May 2016 20:57

Mine was Rhodes so could be close. Worth a try.