Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jun 2016 12:33

Hello could anyone Help please ,looking for an Address of a late uncle .he lived in Berkhamstead .in late 50.s 60.s .I could pm more details family name .Want it for family tree Thank You Barbra

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jun 2016 14:22

Those records won't be online

Old electoral rolls will be at the main library of the area , but they aren't searchable by name either .you would need the address to find out who lived there ,not the other way around

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Jun 2016 14:53

Was your uncle living at the address when he died? If so the death certificate may give the address - unless he died elsewhere.

Kath. x

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jun 2016 18:35

Thank you Shirley & Kath .just wondered if it could be looked up Barbra xx

mgnv

mgnv Report 4 Jun 2016 20:44

I found my parents in an online phone directory in the late 1960s (when they got a phone). I've renamed this downloaded record, so I can't tell from its name where I got it from - I think it was FMP/GR, but it could have been Ancestry.

When my dad died early in the year, the phone directory listing for that year was still under my dad, as it was in the following year. It was only the year after that when it was listed in my mum's name.

Barbra

Barbra Report 4 Jun 2016 22:38

Thank you will have a look Barbra