Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

copy family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 24 Jun 2016 12:54

I would like to put my tree into a picture frame how can I do it or do you know anyone who would do it for me as I only want one surname added as it would be to big to have all the surnames added

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jun 2016 13:30

If you mean you already have your tree printed or written on paper, and just want it framed, any picture-framer would do that for you. Look in your local Yellow Pages (assuming you live in Britain.)

If you mean you want the tree printed out in chart form for framing, there are various genealogy programmes with which you can produce something suitable yourself.

If you don't want to do that, there are companies which will produce a chart for you if you send them a copy of your GEDCOM.

Google "family tree printing" or "family tree framing" or similar, and you'll see lots of options.
Or a local computer-savvy person could print it for you, probably, and then you could get it framed.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 24 Jun 2016 16:31

A professional company I have used, as have others on here, is Genealogy Printers. Ron and Carol are really friendly, helpful and do a super job....

http://www.genealogyprinters.com/

All you would then need to do is buy a frame to suit or have it framed by a frame maker.

Chris

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jun 2016 16:35

I agree with Chris - genealogy printers will do a great job at printing out your tree from either your Genes tree or one from a family tree programme on your computer.

You could also buy ready printed tree charts from them and fill in the details yourself.

Either way they will look good.

Kath. x

joysie4

joysie4 Report 25 Jun 2016 11:05

Thank you all for your suggestions

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 25 Jun 2016 15:39

If you look in Joyce, just wondering what you think of latest on your other 'Thread'...

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1360665

(Find Ancestors)

Chris :)