Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jul 2016 21:29

how do you delete someone from your tree.
I have entered someone into my tree and since found out that this person is not my relative although he has the same name.I need to delete him and his sons.
please advise
Anne M

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jul 2016 00:15

I think you will need to start at the most recent descendant of this person and delete them first and then go back and delete one generation at a time. You can't delete someone if they have descendants without first deleting the descendants.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Jul 2016 17:07

Assuming you mean a tree on GR, their FAQ's say:

How do I remove someone from my tree?

If you've made a mistake, you simply need to click on 'delete' which you'll see just below the relation's details. You can only delete a name from your tree if it's at the top or the bottom or has no other branches attached to it. For example, you can remove or delete the child of a relation. You will see a message saying you can't delete a relation if other names are attached to that person. You'll need to look at your tree and either remove names from the bottom upwards or from the top down, depending on where the relation is that you want to remove.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=369

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jan 2018 20:07

Thanyou all for your advice it was very helpful