Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting a GEDCOM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 14 Aug 2016 10:41

Can someone please explain how I export a GEDCOM. I tried yesterday, followed the instructions (click here !!) and nothing happened, after waiting for over an hour for an expected email with the GEDCOM attached, I tried again. Still nothing happened.
Did I not do it correctly ? Should I receive an email ? Why did't it work ? It did say that my gedcom was being prepared but where is it ??

puzzled,

Denise.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 14 Aug 2016 12:06

Denise,
There is an ongoing problem regarding Gedcoms and GR
Some of us have already reported the issue but, the reply from support is vague and non committal.

Their response to me at the beginning of the week simply stated that my patience is appreciated.
They have given no indication of timescale nor even if they intend to inform me when it is resolved.

I realised that there was problems when my gedcom disappeared last Monday.
One of the other members says he has been trying for 3 months !

Denise

Denise Report 14 Aug 2016 12:16

Thank you, GlasgowLass, that explains it..

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 25 Sep 2016 20:17

Wow!
I uploaded a Gedcom 5 minutes ago and have already received the "successfull" email.

Needless to say, GR support didn't bother to inform me that it was working again

Kense

Kense Report 26 Sep 2016 08:36

You should have looked at the other Gedcom threads (which are now on page 2). They contain posts indicating that it was working by the 15th September.

GR should have announced it though.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Sep 2016 12:08

If only they would sort out the other non-working bits of GR as well!