Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Married by Licence 1759--format of forms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

margaret

margaret Report 5 Oct 2016 14:46

Q1,

Are the images shown on the paid sites for marriage license complete ?

I have a purchased copy = from the record office, which has 2 sheets and a copy of the banns register.

I need to see the second sheet on another marriage (which on mine show ages of both parties.

(The first page shows the names and the Bondsmen, required to pay if the marriage does not take place? a Bond payment of 100 pounds.)

I dont know if this is a uniform procedure, the second form is printed too.

thank you

Potty

Potty Report 5 Oct 2016 15:26

Have just browsed through the images on familysearch for Durham Diocese Marriage Licences for the years 1805 & 1855. The 1805 ones are of two pages but the 1855 ones are only one page. Looks as if the forms were changed at some time between those two years.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 5 Oct 2016 15:56

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=692538.0

(also in discussion on above, Cheshire)

Chris :)

margaret

margaret Report 5 Oct 2016 16:25

So it looks as though only the first page of two is on the web site.-Well at least at this date. 1759

Unfortunate becuse it often contains age of bridal party. Which can eliminate other options.

I haven't however seen one where the parties are older or widowed , I guess that be more informative?
thank you . the other site has the same problem...

Potty

Potty Report 6 Oct 2016 11:17

Not sure which sites you have been looking at but this is the link for Durham images on familysearch (free). If you browse through the images, you will see some for widow(er)s and older people.

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1675690?collectionNameFilter=true

margaret

margaret Report 6 Oct 2016 12:33

I think like most things ,the district is all. I am looking for information on Lancashire and Cheshire areas.
However I will look the FSO site and see if there are any entries.

Thank you