Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

right details 'No Results' found ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 14 Oct 2016 14:35

Has anyone an idea why I get 'No Results' for my correct entry in Deaths section.
I would like to order a certificate from GRO. Thanks

Potty

Potty Report 14 Oct 2016 14:43

Which site are you using? When did the death occur? GRO indexes can only be searched up until 2005.

Pauline

Pauline Report 14 Oct 2016 15:52

Hi I am using Genes R at moment and the general rec office.
The death was in August 2006 so that explains why I get no results I suppose.Mind you they say within 2 years in the search .

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Oct 2016 15:55

If you're searching on GR, tick the "Name variants" boxes.
My gr-grandfather's surname is spelled wrongly on the GRO Index (the listing of his death), and his death will therefore not show up on searches with the correct spelling.

Also bear in mind that, if searching on GR, only English and Welsh deaths are listed.

EDIT:
OK, have just seen your reply above.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Oct 2016 17:06

You should still be able to order it from the GRO. Just make sure that you do not tick the box asking if you know the reference.

There is the danger it won't be issued if the details on the cert don't exactly match the info you supplied.

Assuming you know where they died, you could also contact the local registry office.

If you don't know the exact dod, check if their estate went to probate.
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills