Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adding daughters mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 12 Jan 2017 20:17

when i add my daughters mother its showing in my profile as my wife how do i change this as we were never married.

PatW

PatW Report 12 Jan 2017 21:50

I also would be interested in the answer because if I add my sons father to the tree he shows as my husband but we never married either.
Pat

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jan 2017 21:51

You can't, I'm afraid, on GR.
All you can do is add a note saying "not married" or similar.

Brew

Brew Report 31 Jan 2017 16:39

Navigating and editing on this site is a pain!
I subscribe to other sites and whilst different they are all much if a muchness when it comes to things like this.
I wonder when they will catch up with 2017 and allow drag'n'drop so we can place entries in the correct chronological order.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 31 Jan 2017 18:00

I don't think any of us who have used GR for any length of time expect the site ever to improve.
Our many suggestions have been ignored for years.

We are probably lucky (if that's the word) that the site still exists at all.

Brew

Brew Report 2 Feb 2017 16:49

Received a mail from 'support' to say this is not possible - twaddle!
Of course it's possible, thousands of software programmes make use of the facility to drag and drop.
They also admit that other users have requested/suggested the same thing which to my simple mind means there is a demand for it.
Adding another status - Co-habit, Civil partnership etc. is actually relatively easy for any competent programmer.
I bet if someone from the LBGT community screamed discrimination they'd soon make some changes.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Feb 2017 23:48

GR are unlikely to invest in any changes to the site. If faced with a charge of discrimination, it would provide an impetus to migrate everyone to FMP.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Feb 2017 03:33

.................... and then shut this site down