Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Wedding Record ~ 1870 ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 28 Jan 2017 13:52

On Ancestry a person in America has a detailed family tree of Ann Morris (Boulton) (b 1851 - d. 29 Jan 1884, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA) with a wonderfully picture of her. She would be my wife's great great grandfather Joseph Boulton sister? I have just e-mailed the owner for the history around the picture. Many of the facts link but the gap of John Morris (1850, 1932) & Ann Boulton marriage is a gap that I just cannot find, either they never married or the record has been lost/destroyed or I just cannot find it! I wonder if anyone could have a search or thought how I could discover? The new GRO search when ordering certificates 1837-1916 is ground breaking and Ann's children's are confirmed as Blanch Letia (1872), Annie (1873) & Charles (1874) with mothers maiden name Boulton with births registered in Aston. Annie passed her mothers maiden name down in tree so can see the evidence back to John Morris marrying/having children with an Ann Boulton The 1881 census has Ann stating birth place Rochester, their are 12 Ann Boulton's, but only one born in District of Uttoxeter Union (Rochester) so would match my wife's great great grandfather Josephs 1851 census map. So all the pieces seem to add up but where's that ~ 1870 wedding record of Morris & Boulton?

AndyTG

AndyTG Report 28 Jan 2017 14:29

Found It

Ann Boulton

Registration Year:

Registration Quarter:
Oct-Nov-Dec

Registration district:
Solihull

Warwickshire

Volume:
6d