Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

free UK/Irish records at Ancestry 18-20 Feb

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 19 Feb 2017 17:31

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/group/uk_irish_records

This is what the Lost Cousins newsletter says (where I saw the offer)

==========================================================

Free weekend at Ancestry.co.uk ENDS MONDAY

All UK & Ireland records are free at Ancestry's UK site between Saturday 18th February and Monday 20th February. ...

For a full list, including major resources such as censuses, parish registers, army records, and passenger lists follow this link. (the one I gave above)

To view the records included in the offer you will need to register (or log-in if you have registered previously) but you WON'T need to provide credit card or bank details to benefit from this offer. If you are asked for your credit card information then you're signing up for a free trial, which is completely different from this free weekend.

Note: as far as I know these records are only free at the Ancestry.co.uk site and not at other Ancestry sites.For a full list, including major resources such as censuses, parish registers, army records, and passenger lists follow this link.

==========================================================

So it's the same as I explained for the Canadian offer: use a lapsed account to log in, or register for a free account.