Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry & Mackiev -Update

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 25 Mar 2017 16:24

In case anyone is interested

Newsletter today from Mackiev announcing launch of their new version of FTM 2017 on the 31st March

If you have a free upgrade to 2014+1 you can pre-order an upgrade to the 2017 version for $29 until the 31st ,after that it will be $39-the cost of the new version is about $79 (these are download prices the CDs cost more I think)

Ancestry is to stop "synching" on the 29th March and Mackiev will take over from the 31st March (hopefully with fewer errors!!)

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 28 Mar 2017 10:44

Nudging this up to make sure that anyone with FTM is aware that Ancestry will cease "syncing" on the 29th March and FTM with a "sync" function will only be available on the Mackievs new 2017 version.

2 will only be available via

Kense

Kense Report 30 Mar 2017 15:32

Thank you Elizabeth.

The $29 converts to £29.95 after VAT (£5) has been added.

Kense

Kense Report 30 Mar 2017 22:54

Nudging this up as 31st March is the last day to get the cheaper update to FTM.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 2 Apr 2017 10:15

I see the release is on "hold" until all "bugs" thrown up by the Beta volunteers have been checked ( seems a bit late to still be checking :-(

I beleive there is more info on the Mackeiv Facebook site