Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Personal Ancestry Program Download

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BrianW

BrianW Report 23 Apr 2017 08:51

Just upgraded the computer from XP to W10 and found that PAF was discontinued for download in 2013.
The installation data is not in my downloads file so am stuck for accessing my tree which has 4,000 entries.
Has anyone access to the set-up file or any ideas to recover the tree data?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2017 22:55

I'm suprised no one has answered you BrianW. Have you thought of PMing Rollo, IGP or anyone else who seems to know their way around?

As PAF was produced by Famillysearch, how about contacting them?

BrianW

BrianW Report 23 Apr 2017 23:49

I'm surprised too.
I'll see if one of them pops up in the next day or so.
I've still got the program on another computer so might be able to produce a gedcom and upload it to Ancestry or another program.
Fingers crossed !!!

TerryFromGloucester

TerryFromGloucester Report 12 May 2017 17:06

Hi Brian,

Doing a quick Google search, I came across the following link which suggests three free alternative programs that you can use instead of PAF, hope this helps. Best wishes, Terry

Link: https://familysearch.org/paf