Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re LEISTON/KINGSTON IN SURREY/SOUTH AFRICA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Esmeralda

Esmeralda Report 1 Jul 2007 01:05

I know it is nice to be able to find other members of your family so I exchanged details GR of MY Family Tree (WORMAN) that I had Researched. I am now surprised to see that the details of WORMAN/PAGE in Leiston, Kingston in Surrey & South Africa is appearing on Genes Reunited as the information that they researched. I have emailed the person about the matter but they insist that the information is theirs. As they did not have any details before the exchange and would never have known about the family unless they were a direct Lineage of JOHN WORMAN from Leiston, Kingston in Surrey & South Africa I cannot see how that member can say that the information is theirs. It is like being shown information a friend is researching, who asks for your opinion and then you steal her work and publish it.!! So do not open your tree to anyone. It is therefore best to share information bit by bit but do not show the lot.