Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grantham Library advice please.........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 28 Jun 2007 18:52

Hi can anyone advise me ? i have only my grandmothers name and age from her marrige certificate and death certificate but could not connect her name to a birth as my dad who was adopted age 12 when his mum died does not know where his mum was born, i was advised from the very helpful people on here who looked at records for me as being new i thought i might have missed some records but she couldnt be traced by birth record ........i contacted Grantham library (she married and died in grantham ) to ask for details on the electoral register for the year she married and possibly some other family member was living at the same address in1927........ The staff at the library were so nice on the phone and said they would contact me to send a cheque, even if my gran Mary ellen Wright was the only person at that address , but it has been 3 months and 4 letters to the different staff names i was given, i cant go to grantham from edinburgh with the children is there any other way i could find information ? library staff said i would hear back in a couple of days but ive now given up hope.........as it is i have my grans name and not one single other detail of her family .....any ideas anybody please.? Margaret