Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guys Hospital

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 11 May 2007 09:46

I recently received an 1865 death cert which for address gave only Guys Hospital. As the lady concerned does not have a particularly unusual name I couldn't be sure that she was the right one but I thought as she lived in that area and was about the right age it would probably be her. Yesterday I went to LMA to double check and found in a wonderful huge tome her admission notes and discovered that she came from an entirely different part of London and wasn't my relly at all! Looking through the pages of this book I realised that the patients even at that time did come from far and wide so if you are hunting for a death and you are dismissing one registered in St Olave it may be the one! I'm now going back to the BMD index to find my lady! Sue