Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for births using maiden name

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Esta

Esta Report 15 Mar 2007 19:35

Hi Can anyone tell me if its possible to search for births using just the maiden or first married surname? I have a grandmother who remarried had is believed to have had 3 daugthers but I only have her first married name. Sue

Penny

Penny Report 15 Mar 2007 19:41

Give us some specific names and approx dates- not sure where you want to search

Esta

Esta Report 15 Mar 2007 19:45

Amy Muriel Fisher nee Parkhurst was my grandmother her husband took up with someone else in 1944/45 and she was forced out of the family home. He kept the children and my Aunty has said that her mother remarried and went on to have 3 more girls but has no married name for her. She originally lived in the Bedfont area and we believe that she stayed around the London/Middlesex area as my grandfather kept tabs on her.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Mar 2007 20:05

What name did she die under? Do you have her date of birth? Rose

Esta

Esta Report 15 Mar 2007 20:38

We don't know what name she died under. her dob was 25.5.1918. Any ideas would be welcome!

Esta

Esta Report 15 Mar 2007 23:53

Does anyone have any ideas on how to search just using the first married name. I've reached a dead end and could do with some ideas on what to try. Thanks

Martin

Martin Report 16 Mar 2007 01:09

If she died after 1984 then it is worth trying a search using just the first names and date of birth. MB

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Mar 2007 03:09

I did what Martin suggeste. Here are all the Amy Muriels who died after 1984 .......... View Record Name Birth Date Death Registration Month/Year Death Age (est) District Inferred County View Record Amy Muriel Alldridge 1 Jul 1918 Apr 1986 67 Birmingham Warwickshire View Record Muriel Amy Ambrose 22 Apr 1917 May 1986 69 Manchester Lancashire View Record Muriel Amy Barratt 1 May 1919 Aug 1993 74 Dudley Staffordshire, Worcestershire View Record Muriel Amy Bramhall 10 Nov 1917 Jun 2001 83 Wrekin Shropshire View Record Muriel Amy Dominy 12 Feb 1918 May 1997 79 St Albans Hertfordshire View Record Muriel Amy Hobbs 16 Jul 1918 Nov 1998 80 Aylesbury Vale Buckinghamshire View Record Muriel Amy Podmore 17 Apr 1917 Sep 2001 84 Stafford Staffordshire View Record Muriel Amy C Struggles 8 May 1917 Sep 1990 73 Lambeth London View Record Muriel Amy Walker 30 Dec 1918 Nov 2003 84 East Retford Nottinghamshire View Record Muriel Amy Wilkinson 7 Jul 1918 Nov 1990 72 Sandwell West Midlands View Record Muriel Amy Woodward 20 Mar 1917 Sep 1992 75 Birmingham Warwickshire

Penny

Penny Report 16 Mar 2007 07:54

Seeing what you are looking for, ( or understanding now maybe) then No, You'll have to look for a marriage first. any later children would be born in her new surname, with her maiden name in the 3rd column, BUT they will be impossible to find without the new surname. You really will have to hunt for the marraige- even buy a few certs possibly - to see which Amy Muriel was yours. So look carefully thru all the Fisher marriages, spot any Amy Muriels, if they are in the right sort of place you may need to send for the cert, to confirm fathrs name as correct

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Mar 2007 08:01

Sue, You might want to check they actually divorced first. Rose

Clare

Clare Report 16 Mar 2007 09:58

Hi Sue I think I have found her marriage It is quite complicated as not just a single surname with reference so have double checked all names and they all have the same reference :- Parkhurst Amy M to Williams or Brown-Sivado 1953 Apr/Jun Southend 4a Page 1472 Williams Amy M to Williams or Brown-Sivado 1953 Apr/Jun Southend 4a Page 1472 Fisher Amy M to Williams or Brown-Sivado 1953 Apr/Jun Southend 4a Page 1472 Brown-Sivado Robert C T to Parkhurst, Williams or Fisher 1953 Apr/Jun Southend 4a Page 1472 Williams Robert C T to Parkhurst, Williams or Fisher 1953 Apr/Jun Southend 4a Page 1472 It looks like she may have been called Amy Williams at some stage just to complicate things - let me know if you find out when you get certificate, Cheers Clare

Penny

Penny Report 16 Mar 2007 10:07

She'd have married as a FISHER second time though, wouldn't she? Miss Parkhurst>Mrs Fisher> Mrs Unknown.

Clare

Clare Report 16 Mar 2007 10:35

Not necessarily - I reverted to my maiden name (by deed poll) so when marrying for second time my maiden name was my original one not my first married surname. Clare

Clare

Clare Report 16 Mar 2007 10:38

I've searched through births from 1949 to 1960 for surname Brown-Sivado on complete index and no results and for surname Sivado in case they dropped the Brown for 1952 to 1960 - no results. There are too many possibilities for just Brown !! Maybe she had the children before she married for the second time and they are registered under her surname - whichever one that may be ! Clare

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 Mar 2007 10:39

There is a marriage for an Amy M Fisher in the June quarter 1953 in Southend but even the GRO are not sure who she married, Either a Mr Williams or a Mr Robert C T Brown-Sivado ref no:4a-1472. Georgina.

Clare

Clare Report 16 Mar 2007 10:50

Hi I've updated my original message re marriage details, It looks like the registrar got completely mixed up with all the surnames as Robert C T is listed as both Williams and Brown-Sivado and Amy is listed as Williams, Fisher and Parkhurst, Cheers Clare

Clare

Clare Report 16 Mar 2007 10:57

Hi Again Have just googled Sivado out of interest and there is an interesting connection/coincidence! on genealogy links website. Someone has posted for information and it includes the surname Brown linked with 'aka Sivado' - may be worth investigating Cheers Clare

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2007 10:58

You may find that any children she had were born between the time that she left her first husband and the time she married a second time, as they may have been living together before the marriage. In this case the children cound be registered in her first married name OR the name of the second husband. Kath. x

Esta

Esta Report 19 Mar 2007 18:06

Clare I could hug you - its definitely her by the look of it - am sending for the certificate now! Being on Genes has allowed an Aunty and Cousin to find me which has allowed me to link her up with her sister and we're all going to meet up in a couple of weeks. If I can now find what happened to their mum (my grandmother) may be it will bring closure for both of them, Sue x

Lucy

Lucy Report 12 Sep 2014 14:24

Robert BROWN - Stage name was Robert Sivado - He was a circus performer - hope that helps.Gymnast and lots on Google about him.