Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm going to put it here, because this is my favou

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 30 Dec 2006 11:49

To the special friends I have made on here.

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 30 Dec 2006 11:51

My membership runs out on new years eve, which is of course tommorow. I have made some great friends on here; Those that I have asked for advice and have willingly given it. Those who in the early days helped me sort out my own tribe. Those that have supported me through thick and thin and never let me down. Those that I have helped because I ENJOYED it, Helping you was a pleasure NOT a chore. Friends that regularly pop up and hunt with me on threads.. Reg, Elaine in Spain, Bernice,Pen and others that exchanged PM's making totally absurd situations laughable - I thank you - To the group of lovely ladies I meet regularly in Coventry for lunch and a good old gossip, proving that GR members are more than just names on a screen, that they will actually hold you when ,on occasion , you cry thru sheer desperation- I'll never forget that, Ever.REAL friends, Thank you And most of all, those adoptees that trusted me and others with the thoughts and feelings that they will always hold close to their heart.YOU especially made me feel I was not alone in feeling what I did, and that I was after all, not some wierd being that sometimes felt bewildered as to who and what she was. Each and everyone of you remains in a special corner of my heart. I'll be around, just not here, thinking of each and everyone of you. With Love and very special memories Jess xxx **dated 16.26 Saturday The stupid thing is, I love doing looks ups, enjoy the thrill of the chase, but I need to be accepted on the whole of the site, not slammed every time I open my mouth on General. Folks on there have blown apart everything I ever achieved in doing look ups - pushed me right back where I started, lacking confidence and Not believing in myself. Que sera sera, there are other sites

Mandy

Mandy Report 30 Dec 2006 11:53

Jess, that's beautiful. Hope to see you somewhere soon x

Marie

Marie Report 30 Dec 2006 12:01

Thank you Jess; for all you have done, for making me laugh when I felt really down some days and for helping so many people. I missed you when you disappeared for a while and was glad to see you back... for a little while ...Keep safe. Marie

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Dec 2006 12:04

GR will be the poorer for your absence, Jess. Gwynne x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 30 Dec 2006 12:10

Gwynne, please excuse me, I have added to the message above- the Ladies that lunch will continue to be my friends for ever, all very VERY special people. REAL people that held out their hand and welcomed me to their meets.

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 30 Dec 2006 12:32

Jesse I am answering you on here as well as this is my favourite place as well. I am sorry you are leaving though I understand the reasons. I am glad I and other members will still be able to keep in touch with you on another site. I hope your adoption threads continue as I think they provided much needed support to some very vulnerable people and I know you provided a lot of help through personal messages as well. Anne

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 30 Dec 2006 12:43

Jess It's not goodbye from me, as you know, but this is an appropriate time to say THANKYOU for the Adoption thread you started - and which now has 6 chapters and something like 2,000 postings. I knew nothing of adoption issues until I joined GR, and that thread alone has opened my eyes to the depth and strength of feelings on this matter, something I would probably never have known about if it was not for you and that thread. Jess, if you had never done anything else (and you did LOADS else, as I personally know) then that one thing would stand as a testament to you. GR is indeed losing a very valuable, and much valued, member. OC

English Bob

English Bob Report 30 Dec 2006 14:29

See you elsewhere then! You know how much I owe you for help and inspiration over the past few years. Have a good and happy New one, Bob

Linda G

Linda G Report 30 Dec 2006 14:36

Hi Jess, Sorry to see you go. You were one of the first people to help me on here, when as a complete novice, you put me on the right road with help and advice. Lots of people will miss you. See you on the 'other side' Happy New Year, Linda

Joanie

Joanie Report 30 Dec 2006 14:49

Thank you for all the help u have given me in the past....this site ill be a wee bit lonely without ur name popping up.....take care and if ur ever in my neck of the woods call in for a cuppa and a slice of cake.......Joanie from west lancs xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2006 14:52

Jess You are a very very special lady, and will be much missed by a lot of prople. I remember the first time i asked you for a look up when i was a GR numpty, and you were very kind to me. Then you became my fav looker upper lol I am afraid it is goodby from me as i am no longer a member of the other site I will miss you and your threads, so i will wish you all the luck in the world and hope you stay strong and continue to help others Your one in a million Jess Sxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Dec 2006 14:56

Jess I,m sorry to see you go.You were the first person to help me on here and I,ve seen the help you have given freely to many others . It was your help and advice that made me decide to take the plunge and join Ancestry. I. do understand why you are going altho wish ,as many many others do, that you wern't going Good luck and THANK YOU sincerely Shirley

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 30 Dec 2006 14:57

HI Jess, I have not been a member that long (well since April) and have very much enjoyed your assistance and company since being here. On behalf off all the members you have assisted THANK YOU. See you on the other side. Keith (Lincoln Lad)

Always stressed!

Always stressed! Report 30 Dec 2006 15:00

Hello Jess, I would like to thank you as well. You have helped me a lot over the last couple of years. I wish you well and happy new year. Best wishes Pam.

Helen

Helen Report 30 Dec 2006 15:01

Thanks for all your help and advice on here. Your patience and understanding will be missed on GR. I've not got long left on GR myself, just a couple of months as I'm not renewing my membership either. I know I'll see your messages over on the other site but it will be strange not to see your name popping up on here.

Chris

Chris Report 30 Dec 2006 15:05

Thanks Jess for all the help and advice you've given me since I joined here. All best wishes for the future - see you next door. Chris

Elaine

Elaine Report 30 Dec 2006 15:06

A lovely message Jess, sadly your leaving is GR´s loss. Expect I will continue to pop up and hunt with you elsewere!!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Dec 2006 15:37

Jess You will be sorely missed. I've truly enjoyed the shared laughter.............and other emotions! Take care of yourself.............. Reg x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Dec 2006 16:07

Jess, I am sorry that you have been put in a position where you feel you have to leave us. your expertise and advice will be much missed by many people. It will be strange not to see your name popping up on here. Be safe, be well and be happy. Ann Glos