Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Membership renewal £ 9.95 ??

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 4 Oct 2006 17:28

Just had a reminder that my membership is due for renewal. used to be £7.50..... is this the new standard price Cheers Colin

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 4 Oct 2006 17:44

mine was £7.50 a few weeks ago

Colin

Colin Report 4 Oct 2006 17:47

Thanks Dawn... It just appeared and if I renew it is there as £9.95 not the £7.50 that I used to pay.....I thiught that I had seen information about people getting refunds of £2 or so but at that time I did not know what they were about

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 4 Oct 2006 17:53

hiya if you have continuous membership it is £7.50, if you renew each yr it is £9.95 which in my book seems a bit daft really, it 'should' be a one flat tariff, for all I suppose this is how they make their money, pity they dont give all the customer support either, quite willing to take the money, but not in sending out emails to people who have genuine queries/problems julie

Colin

Colin Report 4 Oct 2006 19:43

Thank you........I have renewed when they send the reminder for £7.50..........now a different ball game.......I have as sugested ticked the box......................it says on the reminder renew by 6 Oct but in My Account it states 16 Oct................will see what happens Thanks each Colin

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 4 Oct 2006 19:45

mine wasn't on continous and came through as £7.50 I had to go through and pay and has come off my card as that amount

Melanie

Melanie Report 4 Oct 2006 19:48

I had continuous membership , was then told that the price was £9.95.When I questioned this I received an e-mail saying that I would pay the same fee as previously, which was £7.50 and that I didn`t need to do anything as my membership would automatically be renewed. When the renewal date came I was told that my membership had expired and that to access the site again the fee would be £9.95. I couldn`t be bothered to question it again as you just seem to get automated stock answers. I paid up, and here I am!!!! Mel

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 4 Oct 2006 19:54

hiya melanie, I think that is dispicable, just another statistic according to that attitude then, IT STINKS Julie

Shirley

Shirley Report 4 Oct 2006 20:10

i joined genes in feb this year .for the last six weeks or so i have been unable to get in to my account .i sent so many emails got no replyat all.every time i tried i kept being asked to up grade.have just paid again and sent another email ..still no reply .realy frustrated now .

Colin

Colin Report 4 Oct 2006 21:50

Just gone into my memership renewal and it is now asking for £7.50.......I can not find any reference to the £9 95 they were asking for.... Thanks folks Colin

Melanie

Melanie Report 4 Oct 2006 22:16

At first, mine also said renewal was £7.50. I didn`t renew straight away and next time I looked ( still well before my membership expired ) it changed to £9.95. Mel

Elly

Elly Report 4 Oct 2006 22:16

Just renewed mine. There was a link below my name in the left column before My homepage, Messages, My Account details, Sign out. When I clicked it said update continuous membership for £7.50 My renewal is 23rd October. Hope that helps Elly

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Oct 2006 22:33

Colin, I have had to pay £9.95 and this is what they say on the FAQ. That I have upgraded - new's to me. Quote- 'If you choose to upgrade to full membership for the current annual fee of £9.95, you will have the ability to contact other members from your search results, link up to view other members' trees when they invite you to do so, post photos on your family tree and add messages to the message boards.' As people can view the boards for free but are unable to post messages I find this a little odd. Margaret N

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 4 Oct 2006 22:38

hiya just goes to show what they are capable of thanks

John

John Report 4 Oct 2006 22:41

Maybe one of the staff is on the make somewhere !!! Will have to check my account

Lancashire_Lady

Lancashire_Lady Report 5 Oct 2006 12:53

I think I'm a bit confused (happens quite often with my advancing years!). When I joined it was only the £9.95 that was quoted so that is what I've paid. Should I be getting more for my money or am I paying too much? There seems to be a bit of dissatisfaction here - I hope the 'powers that be' will take heed of this or they risk losing members - myself included!

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 5 Oct 2006 13:08

hiya Anne I have Pm'd you Julie

Colin

Colin Report 5 Oct 2006 14:50

Just paid this morning £7.50.......not waiting until nearer the date because of Melanies experience............this two price thing is totally wrong

Lancashire_Lady

Lancashire_Lady Report 5 Oct 2006 15:44

Thanks Julie Have replied to your pm Look forward to hearing from you Anne

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 5 Oct 2006 16:14

hiya anne have replied to pm julie