Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My manifesto

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 31 Aug 2006 19:35

See below....

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 31 Aug 2006 19:35

I pledge to introduce the following retrospective benefits: - Agricultural labourers to receive EC subsidies - All families of 12 children or more to receive child allowance - All children under the age of 13 in full-time employment to be paid as adults - General Servants to have a maximum number of hours worked per week - Cordwainers, Journeymen and Carmen to have their own unions - Workhouse inmates to receive housing benefit - Idiots from birth to receive psychiatric counselling - Crossing sweepers to receive footwear allowance - Lamplighters to receive antisocial hours payments - Launderesses to receive equal pay Furthermore, I will ensure BMD certificates will be delivered in the following day’s post. Certificates will be supplied free of charge Missing census pages will be located and replaced. The 1841 census will specify place of birth The IGI will only bear verified information Spelling mistakes will be abolished from all censuses and transcriptions will be 100% accurate. Records centres will offer a 24-hour helpline Partners will be legally bound to show an interest in genealogy

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 31 Aug 2006 19:42

~Will pig's get flying lessons? :O))

Heather

Heather Report 31 Aug 2006 19:43

And you propose to finance this - how? And you propose to enforce an interest in family history in a partner - erm, without the use of WMD, how?

Salty

Salty Report 31 Aug 2006 19:44

What about the Dressmakers Paul. Rod

Sharon

Sharon Report 31 Aug 2006 19:47

Could you add that fathers of illigitimate children will be shown on birth certs and then you've got a deal ;) lol

Deb

Deb Report 31 Aug 2006 19:51

Well that all looks good Paul, but what about the..... NHS - (National History Society) As you know the NHS has suffered in recent years and is the victim of underfunding......what do you propose? Deb

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 31 Aug 2006 19:54

Well.... I could declare war on a foreign country and keep issues like the NHS off the front pages?

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 31 Aug 2006 19:58

If you can find and transcribe the missing/rotted/drowned bit of the 1851 Manchester census, I might just change camps. Tina

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 31 Aug 2006 20:01

Paul, Paul, a moment of your time - I know you have become so busy canvassing for this election but please tell us: 'What will you do about the grumpy workers in the registry offices who aren't willing to help us poor creatures who worship the past?' Thank you .

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 31 Aug 2006 20:02

I would force them to read Ted Lunt's jokes 24/7. On second thoughts, that might make them more grumpy.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 31 Aug 2006 20:09

Add a two hundred word explanation on the back of a death cert as to why this person died in this unknown house and you're on. OC

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 31 Aug 2006 20:09

Trying to undermine the opposition,a well known political 'last chance' tactic. If you look closely voter,all the answers to your questions are being dripfed via a secret earpiece to your candidate. Glen

Roger in Sussex

Roger in Sussex Report 31 Aug 2006 20:15

I think you should pay for some of this by a tax on the name Mary Ann, collected retrospectively!

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 31 Aug 2006 20:19

We will doubtless receive a rebate on an 'unknown' tree entry too!! Glen

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 31 Aug 2006 20:22

What about a subsidy for people with dead common names? OC

Ann

Ann Report 31 Aug 2006 20:24

Can you get elderly relatives to remember facts accurately, and more importantly, BEFORE you then spend hours researching something they then recall!!!

Snowdrops in Bloom

Snowdrops in Bloom Report 31 Aug 2006 20:25

He's on the run already - where's he gone to? Why isn't he here to answer his public? .

Heather

Heather Report 31 Aug 2006 20:25

Im warming to these ideas. Lets be honest, Paul is a charasmatic candidate. What about those with no Fannies? Do they get any sort of assistance?

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 31 Aug 2006 20:29

Firstly I wish to disassociate myself from the disgusting comment by Heather. (That's the Moral Majority vote secured). Next I would like to inform you that.... my daughter's put the dinner on the table and she says it's getting cold. Back in half an hour.