Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with reading mothers maiden name please

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 29 Jul 2006 11:35

I have the birth certificate of my gg grandmother and couldn't read her mothers maiden name. I send off for one of her siblings birth certificates, and still can't read mother's maiden name. Is there someone out there who would kindly have a look for me. Please send a pm and I will email the scans. Thank you. Liz

Dea

Dea Report 29 Jul 2006 11:37

Have pm'd my e-mail. Dea x

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jul 2006 11:37

me too.

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 11:37

Have sent you a PM Liz Fuzzy x

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 29 Jul 2006 11:39

And me

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 29 Jul 2006 11:40

And me.Looks like i might get crushed in the scrum! Glen

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 11:47

You and four girls in the scrum though Glen......could be quite pleasant, better hang on tight to those tinsel knickers LOL have to go out for a mo Liz haven't had mail yet, will look when I come back, if none of these kind folks haven't solved it by then, or maybe to confirm what they have said if there is a difference of opinion. Fuzzy x

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 29 Jul 2006 11:55

There are times i put the needs of others above my own personal safety.LOL Glen

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 29 Jul 2006 12:03

thanks for the replies, have emailed the scans. Liz

Dea

Dea Report 29 Jul 2006 12:16

Haven't received anything yet Liz. Dea x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 12:19

back now still no mail Liz. Glen you are so unselfish and such a gent, not sure you will keep those knickers in tact though !! Fuzzy x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Jul 2006 12:22

Just a thought whilst sitting here idly waiting for the cert to arrive.... Glen, when Christmas time comes, do you add holly to your tinsel???? ....... OOuuchhhhh. Dea Xxx

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 12:25

LOL Dea, Cant imagine there is much tinsel to dress now though!! Am conjuring up all sorts of mental images!! Perhaps we should start a thread before christmas for suggestions for Glen and his tinsel!! Fuzzy x

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 29 Jul 2006 12:27

have emailed again. Liz

Dea

Dea Report 29 Jul 2006 12:36

Nothing coming through Liz. Dea x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 12:37

Still nothing Liz, have PM'd you my address again in case it was wrong Fuzzy x

Dea

Dea Report 29 Jul 2006 12:43

Gosh, how my mind wanders when I'm waiting........... How do you wash tinsel knickers?........Can you put them in the washing machine?.......... Do you add softener to the detergent? (and does it help?)...........Do you have at least 2 pairs ?.(for modesty + hygiene reasons).......... Do they go all shrivelled and curled up if you put them in the 'tummbey-dryer'?........... Has your tinsel tarnished yet?..... Off to check my e-mail again. Dea x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 12:46

printing it out now liz, bear with me, if no luck with this one will try the other one!! Fuzzy x Dea What are you like!!!! LOL have wondered all those things myself Fuzzy x

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 29 Jul 2006 12:53

Wow Liz, a tough one, is her married name waller?or Walter? tell me this and I will try and look for the marriage might help us deciphering the maiden name!! Fuzzy x

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 29 Jul 2006 12:54

Still nothing through at my end. Tinsel can be quite hard to maintain.The trick is to stick with quality tinsel for posh trips,and the 99p Woolworths offers for everyday use,dressed up with baubles to suit the mood. Christmas trees make an excellent wardrobe too. Glen