Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is / Has anybody Transcribed for FREEBMD?

Page 3 + 1 of 11

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mo in London

Mo in London Report 27 Jun 2006 17:04

Sorry you are having to wait so long, it may be because you signed up for the handwritten list. I know when I registered and then signed up with Lesley, she sent me an email telling me what we were transcribing and a link to where to access my page from, so it was allvery straight forward.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 17:10

Hi I dont know if I have signed up for Handwritten Copies??? I just clicked on the Syndicate because it had a Uk Co-ordinator and havn't heard a thing since. Im eager to start maybe I am just being too Impatient although a lot of people that have come on this thread have said it has only been a few hours and they have had stuff sent to them.... I even sent Angela another Email asking her how long I should wait for the info and she hasnt replied yet either :~(

Mo in London

Mo in London Report 27 Jun 2006 17:38

Maybe they are on holiday, I dont know what happens when a co-ordinator goes away, whether you get notified or not.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 17:50

Hi again Maureen I guess I am just gonna have to stick it out and wait.... The chances of both Co-ordinators in UK & Canada being away at same time are slim but knowing my luck its possible lol Lesley :~(

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 17:53

I am right thinking they will contact me through my Email addy and not through Freebmd webpage?

Mo in London

Mo in London Report 27 Jun 2006 17:58

Yes it should be via your email, have you a junk mail filter on your email? If so, check that in case it has gone straight to the trash.

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 18:03

Maureen I have checked Trash Bulk Inbox just incase it go into any of them and Nothing :~( I think I need to go and take a Patience Pill Lol Do you know how I can get in touch with Hosts or Admin or someone who could tell me Why I Havn't heard from them? Or should I just go make a Coffee... Take a Patience Pill and Wait

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 18:10

Thanxs for that Marlene :~) I will send him one now and fingers crossed I will hear something before bedtime lol

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 18:27

RIGHT Message sent to Derek keep your fingers X for me Anybody know the Time difference between Canada & UK?

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 20:09

Thanxs Marlene. Still not had an email :~(

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 20:34

Marlene. Is that ahead of Uk or behind? Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 20:52

MArlene I have sent you an Email hope you dont mind Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 22:09

HELP AGAIN LOL I have decided to join a different syndicate as I STILL have not heard anything from Scan2 and I am going Loopier waiting lol So I clicked on the list of Syndicates and clicked on the name on the right hand side and it has open up another screen in 'Microsoft Office Untitled Message' What do I type? anybody know? Do I have to re- register and get a diffeerent ID? Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 22:40

Done it I think lol Sent email to different syndicate saying that I want to join theirs and telling them what has happened and told them I am already registered am waiting on reply now. But as usual I have left it til late in the night so probably wont hear anything.... Fingers X Lesley :~)

Heather

Heather Report 27 Jun 2006 22:47

Lesley, you know what will heppen - you will suddenly get replies from all these people at once. LOL

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 22:49

Yep Heather you know your right lmao Well as has been said before It is voluntary...if they get stroppy then I wont reply as they havn't replied to me lmao Lesley :~) Going loopier & loopier as the night goes on lol

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 27 Jun 2006 22:50

If anybody reading this is a transcriber for ScribeScan will you please write to them and tell them I want a reply NOW or I am going to give up lol Think I will go and make a coffee and take another Patience Pill lol

Mo in London

Mo in London Report 28 Jun 2006 11:53

Just popped in, any news yet?

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 28 Jun 2006 18:14

Hi Guys Well GUESS WHAT... I just logged on now and I have 3 Yes 3 Emails from Scan2 lol Heather was right lol as usual lmao One from Derek and 2 from Alan the Host who is allocated to me as Angela is away.... I have just read the training document he sent But havnt downloaded the training piece yet as I have to go out soon to an Information evening at my daughters soon to be college... So when I open it I dont want to get started and have to stop so I am saving it for later.... Wish me Luck :~) I will let you know later when I go on it how Im doing.. Lesley :~)

* Loopy Lesley

* Loopy Lesley Report 28 Jun 2006 22:57

Nudging up so all can see the update Lesley :~)