Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancesrty UK Look ups offered - CLOSED! all up

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 15:57

***Personal messages WILL be ignored*** - Sorry but requestes get out of order when dealing with PM's. ________See Below for resource listings.

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 15:58

Resources available. 1841 Scotland Census 1841 England Census 1841 Wales Census 1841 Isle of Man Census 1841 Channel Islands Census 1851 England Census 1851 Wales Census 1851 Isle of Man Census 1851 Channel Islands Census 1861 England Census 1861 Wales Census 1861 Isle of Man Census 1861 Channel Islands Census 1871 England Census 1871 Wales Census 1871 Isle of Man Census 1871 Channel Islands Census 1881 England Census 1881 Wales Census 1881 Isle of Man Census 1881 Channel Islands Census 1891 England Census 1891 Wales Census 1891 Isle of Man Census 1891 Channel Islands Census 1901 England Census 1901 Wales Census 1901 Isle of Man Census 1901 Channel Islands Census Parish and Probate Records (incommplete) Pallot's Marriage Index for England: 1780 - 1837 And a few other bits and peices.

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 10 Jun 2006 16:46

Hiya, thank you for your kind offer, may I ask you to have a look on the 1841 census for Surrey for a couple called: Arthur Charlwood b. Village Charlwood Surrey b abt 1798, his wife was a Jane Laker b abt 1800 Horsham Surrey, they might have between 7/9 children with them, they should still be in Surrey, any more details, like address/occup, would be really great...thank you for your time.......Lilly

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 17:13

Hi Lilly, I know you said Surrey but this is the only Charlwood in 1841 called Arthur. The ages for Aurther and Jane fit with what you have - over the age of 15 ages were rounded down to nearesrt 5 years of age. Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Civil Parish County/Island >>Arthur Charlwood abt 1801 (Not of this County) St Andrew Norfolk (a Printer) Charles Charlwood abt 1840 Norfolk, England St Andrew Norfolk (aged 8 months) Edward Charlwood abt 1836 Norfolk, England St Andrew Norfolk Elizabeth Charlwood abt 1830 (Not of this County) St Andrew Norfolk >>Jane Charlwood abt 1801 (Not of this County) St Andrew Norfolk Phebe Charlwood abt 1832 Norfolk, England St Andrew Norfolk Phillip Charlwood abt 1834 Norfolk, England St Andrew Norfolk Stephen Charlwood abt 1828 (Not of this County) St Andrew Norfolk Looks like the Address is Bridewell Alley in the Parish of St Andrew in Norwich HO107/788/1 Folio: 16 Page: 24

Lilly the flower

Lilly the flower Report 10 Jun 2006 18:27

Lunar, many many thanks for your search, it was a case of OMG when I read it, you see all the family came from the Village Charlwood, Surey, that is where they all got their surname from!! anyway, I know that this Athur and Jane and family all when to Australia in abt 1850, ( I have the rest of their history already) so I thought I would tie up a loose end this afternoon.....wrong lol.....it seems, they left Surrey and moved to Norfolk. The family you found had to be the right one, as all the children's name fit and ages, also Arthur the father was a printer! how very strange. It also seems a few of the children were born in Suffolk/Norfolk as well....I am really surprised at all of this lol.....lost for words really...? more checking to do as well..lol.....many many thanks again.......Lilly

♫ Lipstick

♫ Lipstick Report 10 Jun 2006 18:33

Thank you for your kind offer. Could you please look on the 1841 for John Wilson b abt 1833 in Billingham, Durham. Father is Thomas Wilson....mother Jane Dobson. On the 1851 they were living in Loftus, North Yorkshire. Any help gratefully received.

♫ Lipstick

♫ Lipstick Report 10 Jun 2006 18:57

nudge

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 19:12

Lipstick Lady, Sorry, having trouble locating them. I can't see them in 1851 either unless John is not with the family. Closest I can find in 1851 is Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Frances Wilson abt 1837 Billingham, Durham, England Daughter Loftus Yorkshire >>Jane Wilson abt 1809 Moorsholm, Yorkshire, England Wife Loftus Yorkshire Robert Wilson abt 1840 Loftus, Yorkshire, England Son Loftus Yorkshire >>Thomas Wilson abt 1805 Billingham, Durham, England Head Loftus Yorkshire Thomas Wilson abt 1835 Billingham, Durham, England Son Loftus Yorkshire William Wilson abt 1842 Loftus, Yorkshire, England Son Loftus Yorkshire I think I've found him. 1841 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Civil Parish County/Island View Image Francies Wilson abt 1836 Lofthouse Yorkshire >>>>Jane Wilson abt 1811 Lofthouse Yorkshire >>John Wilson abt 1833 Lofthouse Yorkshire Robert Wilson abt 1840 Yorkshire, England Lofthouse Yorkshire >>>>Thomas Wilson abt 1806 Lofthouse Yorkshire Thomas Wilson abt 1835 Lofthouse Yorkshire Thomas is a Miller. Address:- Lofthouse (that's all it says) HO107/1256/1 Folio: 10 Page: 16

♫ Lipstick

♫ Lipstick Report 10 Jun 2006 19:17

Wow Lunar...that's great....thank you so much.

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 19:28

Karen 1841 (not certain, judge for yourself) Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Civil Parish County/Island >>Andrew Menton abt 1838 Lancashire, England Liverpool Lancashire >>Charles Menton abt 1801 Lancashire, England Liverpool Lancashire Charles Menton abt 1826 Liverpool Lancashire John Menton abt 1836 Lancashire, England Liverpool Lancashire >>Mary Menton abt 1801 Liverpool Lancashire Mary Menton abt 1831 Liverpool Lancashire Susannah Menton abt 1833 Liverpool Lancashire William Menton abt 1829 Liverpool Lancashire (surname looks like Minton on the image) Charles (seinior) is a Shoe M. Living Reda?fs Street, Liverpool. 1851 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image >>Andrew Minton abt 1838 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Liverpool Lancashire >>Chas Minton abt 1797 Bishops Castle, Shropshire, England Head Liverpool Lancashire >>Sarah Minton abt 1802 Newcastle, Staffordshire, England Wife Liverpool Lancashire Living at 1 Chaple Court. Chas (Charles?) is a shoemaker. I can't see andrew or dad after 1851.

Karen04

Karen04 Report 10 Jun 2006 19:35

Hiya Lunar Thankyou , your correct thats the family , they seem to be mistrancribed with each census, if you get time can you poss try minter your a star karen x

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 19:55

1 MINTER, Andrew born Liverpool 1881 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County Andrew Minter abt 1842 Liverpool Head West Derby Lancashire (a Papin hanger - think it shouls be paper hanger) Charles Minter abt 1866 Liverpool Son West Derby Lancashire George Minter abt 1878 Lpool Son West Derby Lancashire John Minter abt 1876 Lpool Son West Derby Lancashire Margaret Minter abt 1847 Liverpool Wife West Derby Lancashire Mary J. Minter abt 1873 Lpool Daughter West Derby Lancashire Sarah A. Minter Lpool Daughter West Derby Lancashire (10 months old) William Minter abt 1872 B.Head, Cheshire, England Son West Derby Lancashire Living 4 Bernard St. RG11/3701/ 69/ 23 Ran a wild card:- Mint* and only get Minter and Minton., ment* gave Menton in 1841. Still cant find it anywhere else in any form. looks like Andrew is illousive

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 Jun 2006 22:35

Hi Isobel, Any idea which county Clapton was in? I can see a Clapton in Somerset on the map but I'm not sure if there are others. I can't see a Fred Fox born in Clapton in any county, but sometimes a nearby town would have been writen instead so he could just be hiding, hence I ask which county his birth may have been in

Rachel

Rachel Report 11 Jun 2006 09:47

Reposted:.......... Thank you for the offer Lunar, I have the Brandon family in Bedfordshire 1841, but I think there were more children after that, I have James Father, Henrietta Mother, Children:-Ann Elizabeth, George Campion,Joseph lucas,Henrietta Gertrude, Harriet Ruth, Jane? thank you again GAY

Rachel

Rachel Report 11 Jun 2006 11:22

Guy 1841 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Civil Parish County/Island > Ann Brandana abt 1836 Bedfordshire, England Dunstable Bedfordshire > George Brandana abt 1838 Bedfordshire, England Dunstable Bedfordshire > Henrietta Brandana abt 1816 Bedfordshire, England Dunstable Bedfordshire > James Brandana abt 1806 Dunstable Bedfordshire - groun (not sure what the occupation should say but it looks like this spelling) > Joseph Brandana abt 1840 Bedfordshire, England Dunstable Bedfordshire - 6months Living High St, Dunstable, Bedfordshire 1851 (this looks like what you already have. Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island > Ann Elizth Branden abt 1836 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire > George Campion Branden abt 1839 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Son Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Scholar > Harriet Ruth Branden abt 1846 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Scholar > Henrietta Branden abt 1815 Holcutt, Bedfordshire, England Wife Aspley Guise Bedfordshire > Henrietta G Branden abt 1844 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Scholar > James Branden abt 1806 Newport, Buckinghamshire, England Head Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Coal Agent > Jane Branden abt 1850 Aspley, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - 8 months > Joseph Lucas Branden abt 1841 Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England Son Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Scholar Living in East Street, Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire 1861 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island > Alfred Brandon abt 1856 Aspley, Bedfordshire, England Son Aspley Guise Bedfordshire > Arthur Brandon abt 1859 Aspley, Bedfordshire, England Son Aspley Guise Bedfordshire > Fredk Brandon abt 1853 Aspley, Bedfordshire, England Son Aspley Guise Bedfordshire > Georgiana Brandon abt 1843 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire (possably Henrietta G looking at the age?) - Bonnet Secrer (handwitting is unclear.) > Henrietta Brandon abt 1815 Holcutt, Bedfordshire, England Wife Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Bonnet Secrer (handwitting is unclear.) > James Brandon abt 1805 Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, England Head Aspley Guise Bedfordshire - Wheelwright > Jane Brandon abt 1851 Aspley, Bedfordshire, England Daughter Aspley Guise Bedfordshire Living:- Wobeern Lands (??) 1871 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island > Alfred Hy Brandon abt 1857 Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire, England Son Linslade Buckinghamshire - Domestic Servent > Arthur Brandon abt 1859 Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire, England Son Linslade Buckinghamshire - Scholar > Frederick Brandon abt 1854 Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire, England Son Linslade Buckinghamshire - Domestic Servent > Henrietta Brandon abt 1817 Holcutt, Bedfordshire, England Head Linslade Buckinghamshire (Widow) > Arthur Green abt 1866 Linslade, Buckinghamshire, England Grandson Linslade Buckinghamshire - Scholar Living in Old Road, Linslade. 1881 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County > Henrietta Brandon abt 1817 Holcult, Bedfordshire, England Visitor Woolwich London > Arthur Green abt 1866 Leighton, Bedfordshire, England Son Woolwich London - Erand Boy > Frederick Green abt 1876 Aldershot, Hampshire, England Son Woolwich London - Scholar > Georgina Green abt 1845 Woburn, Bedfordshire, England Head Woolwich London (Widow) - Charwoman > Henrietta Green abt 1877 Woolwich, Kent, England Daughter Woolwich London > Henry Green abt 1873 Shorncliff Son Woolwich London - Scholar > Jane Green abt 1875 Aldershot, Hampshire, England Daughter Woolwich London - Scholar 49 Boresford St, Woolwich - I'm fairly certain thet Henrietta is Goegina's Mother. DEATHS?? Name: Henrietta Brandom Birth Date: abt 1814 Year of Registration: 1883 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec Age at death: 69 District: Leighton Buzzard County: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire Volume: 3b Page: 235 Name: James Brandom Year of Registration: 1865 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Leighton Buzzard County: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire Volume: 3b Page: 259 MARRIGE?? Name: Henrietta G Brandon Year of Registration: 1866 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Leighton Buzzard County: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire Volume: 3b Page: 483 on same page: John Green

Krissie

Krissie Report 11 Jun 2006 11:47

Thanks in advance, 1891 census please: MARY JANE SHIELDS [born c1880] and her sister ELLEN SHIELDS[born c1883] resident in Liverpool I think, possibly Kirkdale district Also AGAMEMNON PANAGAKIS [or anyone with this surname] in the same area.

SRW

SRW Report 11 Jun 2006 12:25

Hi Lunar Could you be so kind as to look up the 1851 census for Rebecca Trowell. I think her husband, William, died sometime before 1861 as she is shown on that as a widow living with Mary, Stephen, Louisa, Edward and Elizabeth. Thanks a ton, Lunar. Sandy

Rachel

Rachel Report 11 Jun 2006 12:56

Krissie 1901 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island Agamemnon Panagakis abt 1878 Greece Head Kirkdale Lancashire - Chin Totatoe Coffee House (own account at home) Aposteles Panagakis abt 1881 Greece Brother Kirkdale Lancashire - Servent Domestic Living, 41 Kirkdale Rd. The boys don't appear before 1901 Marriages Name: Agamemnon Panagakis Year of Registration: 1903 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 794 On the same page: George Anderson, Marie Reid, Ellen Shields Name: John Panagakis Year of Registration: 1908 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Liverpool (1837-1924) County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 12 On the same page: George Delamere, Jane Griffiths, Katherine Mealor Births Name: John Panagakis Year of Registration: 1908 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Liverpool (1837-1924) County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 112 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The girls a proving a bit tricky 1901 Name: Ellen Shields Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1881 Relation: Servant Household: View other family members Gender: Female Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Kirkdale Ecclesiastical parish: St Athanasius County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: 42 Church Street Occupation: Housemaid Domestic Source information: RG13/3469 Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: Kirkdale ED, institution, or vessel: 28 Folio: 101 Page: 5 1891 Name: Mary J Shields Age: 16 Estimated birth year: abt 1875 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where Born: Liverpool Civil parish: Liverpool Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthias County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: 23 Regent St Occupation: General Servent Source information: RG12/2904 Registration district: Liverpool Sub registration district: St Martin ED, institution, or vessel: 32 Folio: 47 Page: 15 1881 Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County Ellen Shields abt 1880 Liverpool Daughter Liverpool Lancashire (8 months old) John Shields abt 1850 Liverpool Head Liverpool Lancashire - Painter Joseph Shields abt 1877 Liverpool Son Liverpool Lancashire Mary Shields abt 1854 Liverpool Wife Liverpool Lancashire Mary J. Shields abt 1873 Liverpool Daughter Liverpool Lancashire Living : Whistey Street. 1891 Edward Sheilds abt 1883 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Kirkdale Lancashire Ellen Sheilds abt 1882 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Kirkdale Lancashire John Sheilds abt 1849 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Boarder Kirkdale Lancashire (widow) - painter Joseph Sheilds abt 1877 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Kirkdale Lancashire - apprentice boarding at 83 Hountains Rd (could be foutain rd)

Krissie

Krissie Report 11 Jun 2006 13:22

Wow Lunar, What a smashing lot of info! I had a bit of it myself but this is really great. Thanks such a lot.

Rachel

Rachel Report 11 Jun 2006 13:32

Sandy So this is them in 1861 then Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island Edward Trowel abt 1852 Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England Son Boughton Monchelsea Kent Elizabeth Trowel abt 1854 Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England Daughter Boughton Monchelsea Kent Louisa Trowel abt 1848 Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England Daughter Boughton Monchelsea Kent Mary Trowel abt 1837 Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England Daughter Boughton Monchelsea Kent >>Rebecca Trowel abt 1813 Lydd, Kent, England Head Boughton Monchelsea Kent Stephen Trowel abt 1840 Boughton Monchelsea, Kent, England Son Boughton Monchelsea Kent 1851 - married but husband not at home Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island Edward Trowel abt 1850 Boughton Mon, Kent, England Son Boughton Monchelsea Kent Louisa Trowel abt 1847 Boughton Mon, Kent, England Daughter Boughton Monchelsea Kent Rebecca Trowel abt 1811 Lydd, Kent, England Head Boughton Monchelsea Kent Sophia Trowel abt 1843 Boughton Mon, Kent, England Daughter Boughton Monchelsea Kent Walter Trowel abt 1838 Boughton Mon, Kent, England Son Boughton Monchelsea Kent Living in Church Street. 1841 - poorly spelt Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Civil Parish County/Island Edward Toowel abt 1806 Kent, England Boughton Monchelsea Kent Mary Toowel abt 1833 Kent, England Boughton Monchelsea Kent Rebecca Toowel abt 1811 Kent, England Boughton Monchelsea Kent Stephan Toowel abt 1840 Kent, England Boughton Monchelsea Kent Walter Toowel abt 1836 Kent, England Boughton Monchelsea Kent The image is difficult to read as the ink has bleed but it looks like Edwards occupation is Shoremaid.