Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does anyone find.......or is it only me.

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 27 May 2006 21:55

I am getting obsessed. Trying to do my own little bit of research, Log onto Genes to add a little bit to my Tree. Next thing I'm on Tips board reading other peoples Threads...... Waiting for them to get a result! Been sat for an hour now!! No wonder my Tree is progressing slowly. Clicking back to Ancestry... Honest!!

Susan

Susan Report 27 May 2006 22:09

Hi No it is not just you, Just been out for a meal, and first thing I did when I got back was look at tips board on here. I have started doing look ups for friends etc I just am obsessed. Sue

Tracy

Tracy Report 27 May 2006 22:16

I'm even boring my friends now... Every time they come round I want to do their Tree!!! Not good enough to offer help on here... Wish I was as I'm totally stuck on mine for the next week or so waiting for certificates. Tracy

JosieByCoast

JosieByCoast Report 27 May 2006 22:30

Me to, can't keep away. I try to keep off this site and get on with family history but then withdrawal symptoms creep in and I can't resist having a look, next thing I know...... well you know the rest.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 May 2006 23:09

I had been a member of GR for nearly six months before I found the message boards, and had to have my son show me how to use them. Now I hardly ever touch my tree on Genes. Log straight on to the message boards - and if you have only been on an hour Tracy, then you're not quite an addict yet. Wait until you are on most of the day, then you can call yourself a true addict, lol. Kath. x

Tracy

Tracy Report 27 May 2006 23:13

well I was trying to sound not so bad been around since i got home from work at 7pm!!!

Tracy

Tracy Report 27 May 2006 23:15

Yorkshire Lady.. Which part of yorkshire?? if you don't mind me asking.

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 23:32

hiya, i'm glad its not only ME!!, i too sit on records waiting to pounce on the next request, i find it more enjoyable than searching mine, but i'm waiting on certs too julie

Tracy

Tracy Report 27 May 2006 23:35

Like I said I wish i was good enough to do other peoples searches. Sent other half to pub with the dog so I'm not disturbed tonight!! If your bored Darksecret you can try to check my William Arnold out!! I gave up on him.

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 27 May 2006 23:59

hiya, ohhh go on then, wassup with him??? cant promise much tonight ed a bit fuzzy, but will have a squint if u like julie

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:05

well apart from the year he was in prison! Married a Harland search him back from Annie Bell Arnold (his daughter) born about 1891 Whitby

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 28 May 2006 00:06

anyhow tracy, dont put yersen down, anyone can do a lookup, justhelps if you know where to look julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 28 May 2006 00:07

c'mon then, gimme wot u got, i'll see what i can do julie

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:10

I know my Annie Bell Arnold is mine with parents... William Arnold thats the easy bit... Annie Bell borm Whitby 1891

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 28 May 2006 00:11

this them yes? View Record Alice Arnold abt 1884 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Daughter Whitby Yorkshire View Record Annie Bell Arnold abt 1891 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Daughter Whitby Yorkshire View Record Charlie Arnold abt 1889 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Son Whitby Yorkshire View Record Edith Arnold abt 1887 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Daughter Whitby Yorkshire View Record John Arnold abt 1882 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Son Whitby Yorkshire View Record Kezia Arnold abt 1878 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Daughter Whitby Yorkshire View Record Mary Arnold abt 1855 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Head Whitby Yorkshire View Record Mary Arnold abt 1876 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Daughter Whitby Yorkshire julie

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:13

But just check the earlier census.... his soon to be wife was down as housekeeper... I would have thrown him out t that point

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:15

Thats them but tracing him back i come to a full stop. waiting for William and Mary's m cert to find out nore about the Arnold

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:20

OH ....THATS WHEN HE WAS IN JAIL!

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 28 May 2006 00:35

1891, View Record William Arnold abt 1847 Whitby, Yorkshire, England Prisoner Northallerton Yorkshire do i have to go back more?? julie

Tracy

Tracy Report 28 May 2006 00:40

Yes thats where i loose him further back