Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracing Northern Irish roots in the UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Neil

Neil Report 26 May 2006 11:30

I am working on my family tree and I live in Liverpool, UK. I have managed to trace one branch of my family tree back to c1860 in Ireland (Co. Armagh) and the other branch back to c.1830 in Ireland (area unknown). Now, I have hit a brickwall and don't seem able to progress this any more. I have access to the Census' online and that is how I have managed to get this far back. What other records can people recommend that may be able to assist me? At the moment, it is impracticle for me to travel to either London or Ireland to progress this and so I am looking for something close or online.