Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Volunteers for all night vigils please until 29 Ap

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 18 Apr 2006 16:22

We have it from a good source of insider info that THE launch of 1841 will be 28/29 April - without question we will require 24/7 coverage to ensure we happy band are amongst the first to have a delve. Volunteers please, both sides of world.

Carrie

Carrie Report 18 Apr 2006 16:27

NO! Boo-hoo, not that weekend please, I'll be at my sister's in Spain for a week from the 29th and she can't get the Internet yet, Stamping feet hard,I don't want to go now!:)) But happy to keep vigil until then, Just incase;)

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Apr 2006 16:37

put me down for twenty mins every hour on friday - give me an excuse to keep the computer up and running until very last mo!

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 18 Apr 2006 16:40

Well i did volunteer to put a sign up Heather remembe?,still got the blooming thing,not even worth putting on e-bay Glen

fraserbooks

fraserbooks Report 18 Apr 2006 16:45

I am working nights tonight and tomorrow but I am supposed to be working.

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 18 Apr 2006 17:04

Looks like Heather heard hubby coming home and flew into the kitchen looking busy!!!!!!!!!(again). Someone should tip him off and show him where the alarm is,so he can sneak in another way.LOL Glen

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 18 Apr 2006 17:09

I'm happy to do a shift, I have insomnia so often dont go to sleep till 3-4 am Linda x

Sunny Rosy

Sunny Rosy Report 18 Apr 2006 17:36

Sorry will be at niece's wedding.

babs123

babs123 Report 18 Apr 2006 17:45

now that will put me out of a job!! Kat

Kat

Kat Report 18 Apr 2006 17:54

Another insomniac for the night shift-counting the days for it - 11 to go then-bet they'll drag!! Kat

Debby

Debby Report 18 Apr 2006 18:04

Can't believe it' I never go away for weekends but I'm going to Wales Fri 28th while Mon 1st for a family get together. Trouble is I've got the whole week off so I bet I don't get much else done on my return! Debby

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 18 Apr 2006 18:29

I was hoping that once it comes online you Brits are all going to go to bed nice and early and give us Canadians a chance at it! Margaret

Ang

Ang Report 18 Apr 2006 18:33

I have just announced to my family that the 1841 census will be released soon & that I will have lots to do etc. My announcment has been met with a lot of strange bewildered looks! Its good that everyone on here understands the importance of everything else being put on hold when this release arrives!

Heather

Heather Report 18 Apr 2006 18:44

Well Glen, you can be appointed convener. I think if everyone goes to the highest point in their district and starts building a bonfire right now it would be a good idea. Please ensure you have a supply of white candles to watch flickering as you hug yourself in your duvets.

Heather

Heather Report 18 Apr 2006 18:55

Carrie and Penny, cancel the holiday Brenda, maybe not a coincidence? Pat, tell mum youve made a mistake, you will do her birthday on her offical one the week after Sunny, tell the neice you know he has been cheating on her Kat, become an OPC Debbie tell the family you have an infectious disease Linda and Whiskas you can take alternate shifts Annie 'supposed to be' is the operative phrase Glen put your sign up (anywhere!) Jess, do you really need an excuse? Margaret, did you really think you could beat British grit???? Our parents sat through the blitz we can do this on our heads. Ang tell them that if you dont sit there all weekend then you may fail the open university degree you have been secretly completing to surprise them all. NOW JUST LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS, EH????

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 19:49

Well we will know who to speak to if it doesn't!!! Merry

Mags & Nicky

Mags & Nicky Report 18 Apr 2006 19:57

Count me in for a shift!! (Try stopping me lol!). I'm so excited I'm not going to be able to sleep now !! I just know that it won't provide all the answers we are looking for, but at least we'll enjoy trying. Margaret

Linda

Linda Report 18 Apr 2006 19:59

Got the Grandsons staying on 29th, so depends on how often I get woken up, I could possibly do some time during the night. Baby, if he wakes up, usually around 3.00 a.m. Linda

Glen In Tinsel Knickers

Glen In Tinsel Knickers Report 18 Apr 2006 20:01

Oh gawd I've got to drag a pile of wood all the way up to the top of the Cheviots now. How come Heather always gives me the good jobs!! Glen

Merry

Merry Report 18 Apr 2006 20:05

Glen.....because you said someone should tip off Heather's hubby!! Shall I do the late shift? I have been trying to find my thread where I was the first to notice the 1861, but I can't find it!! Merry