Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Census

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Enda

Enda Report 28 Mar 2006 18:10

I know a lot of you out there are trying to get information on Irish relations, if anyone needs some help with census, give me a shout. You really need to have an address even a street name for cities or towns and at least a townland for the more rural ones. Enda

Georgina

Georgina Report 28 Mar 2006 18:32

Enda thank you for the offer, which census years do you have access to. UPDATE: 12/05/06 PLEASE DONT POST ANY MORE REQUESTS ON THIS THREAD. FOR WHAT EVER REASON ENDA HAS NOT ANSWERED ANYONE'S REQUESTS, SO IT IS POINTLESS JUST ADDING TO THE LIST UNTIL ENDA HAS GOT IN TOUCH. ENDA I HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK. Georgina.

Pippa

Pippa Report 28 Mar 2006 18:34

Hello, I don't know if you can help at all. I have James McKendry and his wife Jane in my tree. They moved to Scotland (unknown date but one of their children married in Scotland in 1883) however one of their other children was born in 1865 in Armoy which I have seen as being called Kilcroagh?!?. Many Thanks

Enda

Enda Report 28 Mar 2006 18:50

I have 1901 and 1911 for all of Ireland and the few fragments of 1851 that survived for just a few counties. Will have a look tomorrow to see exactly what's there. I also have access to Tithe Applotments books and Griffiths Valuation but they both only list heads of households. Enda

Paula

Paula Report 28 Mar 2006 19:39

Hi Please could you look these up for me on the 1911 census and let me know who else is in the household. I have the addresses from the 1901. Bridget Lynch born 1834(her husband Laurence was head on 1901 but he died in 1907) Church Hill, Ardcarn, Boyle, Roscommon Laurence Lynch son of the above born 1875. If possible could you also let me know if there are any McHughs living in Ardcarn (Cootehall) parish. Michael Furey born 1877 Carrownadargny, Shancough, Tirerrill, County Sligo. James Furey (father of the above) born 1841. Carrownadargny, Shancough, Tirerrill, County Sligo. Thanks

TeresainWirral

TeresainWirral Report 28 Mar 2006 19:40

Hi Enda How did you manage to get the census? I've found most of mine on those census luckily I knew where they should be and ordered several films from the LDS BUT could you please see if you can find my two sailors if there are any vessels in your 1901 and 1911 census. William James George born 1874 Magheramorne Larne County Antrim(I have him on the 1901as hes not a sailor then but not on the 1911) and the other James George born about 1850 ( haven't found anything on him except I know he is Irish and a sailor) AND Archie and Eliza George, Bank Road, Larne Thank you Teresa

Paul

Paul Report 28 Mar 2006 20:11

Hi Enda I didnt know the irish census was avaialble, what a great offer thank you. I dont know if you can help but I am interested in my Gt Grandmother. Annie Louisa Gardiner (b.1880) who I believe to be in Summerville Limerick in 1901. Many Thanks .... P

Ann

Ann Report 28 Mar 2006 21:12

nudge

Enda

Enda Report 28 Mar 2006 21:15

Will have a look tomorrow. I don't have them but as I live in Dublin and am in NAI a lot I thought I might offer to see what I can find for people that don't have the chance to get over very often. And you never know, I might just need some help with something over there at some stage. Enda

Georgina

Georgina Report 29 Mar 2006 01:33

Enda I would be very grateful if you can find any of these families... Duncan Mclaren was living at 16 Fairfield Road, Northwall Dublin in 1912 when he married Annie Nolan. Annie Nolans address in 1912 was 43 St. Mary's Road, North Strand Dublin. I am also trying to find my grandmother in either 1901 or 1911. Her name by 1911 would have been Jane Gilchrist (formerly Ryan) she was born in 1877 in Liverpool, her husband was John/Jack Gilchrist. The trouble is I dont have an address they were either in Dublin or Kildare. Any info you can find would be great, many thanks. Georgina.

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 29 Mar 2006 02:45

Hi Enda Great offer! If you get time would you be able to check the 1911 to see if there is a Murray family living at either: 26 Brookfield Terrace, Blackrock, Rathdown, Dublin or 4 Victoria Buildings, Rathmines, Dublin. I'm looking for Thomas & Rebecca Murray and any children. If they were there in 1911, would also appreciate it if you could see if they were there in 1901. Many thanks, Richard in Perth, Australia

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Mar 2006 04:08

Enda, thank you for your kind offer. Would appreciate if you could check on the following: 1901 William Mitchell and Family - Stream Street, Newry, County Down David & Emily Boyd and Family - Stream Street, Newry, County Down William was a Carpenter and David (c1843) was a Tailor Don't have a name for William's wife William and David's children got married in 1895 - son David Boyd(1872 England; Bootmaker/closer) and daughter Charlotte Mitchell (c1873 Ireland) had a son William born in 1895 at Stream Street. Hopefully they are all still in the same area for 1911 too. If you have enough time, could I add the following for both 1901 and 1911? Devlin Family - Parents Edward and Anne, daughter Mary (and any others) Quigley's Point, County Donegal (near Moville) Me(e)higan Family - Parents John and Honora, sons John and William (and any others) William born 1882 in Artitighe, Kinsale, County Cork Margaret

Kerry

Kerry Report 29 Mar 2006 12:54

Hi Edna You may just be able to save me from insanity. My Dads family were from Wine tavern st in Dublin. Mother Mary (molly) Jones nee Conner Probably born 1890 ish Born to Thomas and Mary conner Dublin Father John Jones Similar date Born to Mary jones and father unknown in dublin They had 9 children 8 in Dublin Fredrick William (died as child ? measles) Kate (died as child ? measles) Mary Catherine Elizabeth Pascal Phillis George and my Dad Johnny born 1939 in Kidderminster Worcestershire They lived in Winetavern st Dublin until 1939 when they came to England . They were a Catholic family. Any additional info- dates other family names etc would be greatly apprieciated. Sorry if this is a lot to ask but I have come to a halt with my info. Many Thanks Kerry

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 30 Mar 2006 01:00

Hi Enda, If you have time I would be thrilled if you could find my Great Grandfather & his family. 1901 Kings County Tullamore Barrack Street Lower Edward & Mary ODLUM Your kind offer is much appreciated. Regards Kathy

Sharon

Sharon Report 30 Mar 2006 16:55

Enda Could you possibly be able to locate my GGrandfather and GGrandmother All i know is that He was called George Fowler Dob 1899 and GGrandmother was called Catherine Fowler (Nee Colton) dob 1882/1888 she lived in beragh i do know that she was buried in beragh around 1969/1970. Sorry but have very little info but would be so grateful if you could find them for me. Thanks

Wulliam

Wulliam Report 30 Mar 2006 18:46

Hi Enda, what a kind offer - I think you're going to be bombarded! There's lots I could ask for but will try the ones I know a little about... William & Jane Lyons in 1911 - possibly with son Robert William. They lived just outside Limavady, Co. Derry - probably at a farm called Crindle near Myroe. If you could look at the same address in 1901 that would be excellent. Many thanks!! William

Sharon

Sharon Report 30 Mar 2006 19:06

Hi Edna, How generous you are to do this. Would you mind looking up the Mylod family in Dublin, the information I have is: Lived at 22 Courtney Place, Dublin in 1900. James Mylod and wife Teresa, known children Andrew born 1892, Mary born 1898, Teresa born 1900. Thank you very much Sharon

Sara

Sara Report 30 Mar 2006 19:40

enda, not much info im afraid. looking for the raftery family. in 1851 possibly in ballaghadereen, co mayo/ loughglyn, co roscommon. would be a pat(patrituius, patritium, etc). age about 10 - 15. dont know about parents, siblings etc. also a honor (ia) Mccann, about 10 - 12 years old. same areas in the 1901/ 1911 census, raftery family ? in the townland of curraghard, co roscommon. possible names include honoria, patrick, michael (and jane + any kids), james, bridget (mcgreal) , catherine, (ho)nora and mary. many thanks, sara

stardust

stardust Report 30 Mar 2006 22:21

Hello Enda, Census 1881 -1901 I hope you can give me some help l'm looking for info on my G.Parents - JOHN BUTLER lived in WHITEABBEY CO. ANTRIM , married CATHERINE O'NEILL 22 GLENPARK STREET BELFAST 1910 moved to SAUNDERSON STREET, BELFAST. they had 3 children, PATRICK 1911, MARGARET 1913, MARY CATHERINE 1915 .JOHN DIED 1914 (5months before Mary was born) WW1. I have their marriage lines, childrens birth lines, Johns army records but none give their d.o.b just says 'full' I know John had 2 sisters SARAH CORRIGAN, & MARY LOGUE and I think 2 brothers HARRY & PETER.They all lived in Whiteabbey I think, maybe you can tell me if i'm right. Johns father was also called John. I tried to get details from UHF but with not having his d.o.b its proving difficult to find the right John I believe John was a lot older than Catherine but until i find out their birth dates it is proving impossible to go any further on the Butler side of the family . Any help you can give me or guide me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Thank Jo.

Beverly

Beverly Report 31 Mar 2006 09:11

Hi Edna This is a very kind offer. I would be very grateful for any information you can find on any Dooher from Foxford in County Mayo. In particular John Dooher b 1876 who married Catherine O'Hara, and his father Terence Dooher b 1836. I do not have any addresses I'm afraid, they lived in a remote 'cottage' in the Ox mountains in Foxford. I think any Dooher from that area would be related. Thanks again Bev